Archinect
anchor

Building modular small houses on 600 m2

janacevi

Bought a plot which is 1050m2. I want to split the lot to two equal parts. The shape of the lot is irregular rectangle. I am planning to build two modular houses on one half of the lot, so the size available for building is 500m2.

I envision beach/ guest house/ contemporary style of the modular house built on a raised level to have better views, I saw some designs on the net and they are awesome. The houses I am after are suitable for narrower lots with the views. I need to know how big can each house be (I think 90m2 per house plus 5metres maybe for terrace) is sufficient so that the two houses do not feel too close to each other and they have some good space between them. I want to use them for holiday vacation homes not permanent homes, unless required.

This is the type of the house I have in mind for hols rentals: http://sustain.ca/wp-content/u...

On the other half of the lot we will build one more modular house for holiday rental and our own house, which can be modular or not, depending - I quite like this design for myself: http://sustain.ca/wp-content/u...

So, all in all the whole development is in the same style and looks contemporary and unique. Can you help me out with my unprofessional imagination so that it is workable in practice, please? This is the first step in planning, knowing how big the house should be. The second step is to design the house project for a certain budget.

Thanks a lot!

Jane

Jan 24, 18 3:14 pm
randomised

Hi Jane,

You are posting two projects by Sustain Design Studio, why not direct your questions towards them?

Jan 25, 18 8:58 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I find it kind of a dick move to link to their work and ask here how to proceed and basically get their designs built without them.

Jan 25, 18 9:05 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Go David!

Jan 25, 18 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: