Archinect
anchor

Need help with career choice.

jacobcook

Hey Im a sophmore in highschool and I think I have narrowed down my choice for a career but I need some help. I really love design and how to make spaces convenient for certain types of peojects but I also love maths and seeing if the building I just designed is even functional. I looked into architectural engineering but that seems to be steering away from the design aspect. I also found architectural engineering+design but that is only a certificate I think. Just wondering if there is even a way to do this or I may just stick to strictly architecture. Thanks for reading.

Jan 24, 18 1:10 pm
Non Sequitur

Start at the top with an accredited architecture university degree then work your way down.  The further you move down, the lesser your options are and more restrictive the work becomes (ie. draftsman).

Jan 24, 18 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray
Architecture IS design + "making sure the building is functional." We have to know enormous amounts of construction methods, PLUS enough of structural, mechanical, civil, and acoustic engineering to coordinate with those engineers, and all of that equals "design". Design isn't just scribbling shapes in a vacuum... what you want to be is an architect, pure and simple.
Jan 24, 18 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

I kind of wish it was just scribbling shapes in a vacuum sometimes.

Jan 24, 18 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

you will need that maths, don't worry

Jan 24, 18 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: