Archinect
anchor

I’m a Mexican student and I want some answers

Javit2805
Hi everyone In and architecture student from mexico and I want to apply to some jobs in United States and it’s kid of confusion and I don’t know how I need to start to get information or what kind of documents I need or if my tittle it’s enough to apply or if my title it’s enough. Please someone who can help me?

Jan 8, 18 12:57 am
randomised

Just wanted to compliment you on the title of this thread, that's all I have.

Jan 8, 18 3:00 am  · 
 · 
poop876

NOWWW

Jan 8, 18 8:00 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

how much do you know about wall construction?

Jan 8, 18 9:30 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Trumper alert

Jan 8, 18 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

wrong country Dr.

Jan 8, 18 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

HAHAHA

Jan 8, 18 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

It’s not easy to find firms willing to pay the added cost of taking on someone who is not already authorized to work in the US. Your best chance is to find a firm with offices in Mexico and the US.

Jan 8, 18 9:49 am  · 
 · 
hellion

Hmmm I don't think now's a good time, my friend. With the political climate, immigration in the United States has been strict. I have a friend who flew there last month to visit and stay with a relative and just as he was at the door, he got deported right away. Although it was kind of his fault in a way. Immigration saw he had stayed a year prior for 6 months (to visit his cousin), then he returns this time for another 6 months. Ideally if you have a 10-year US Visa you can validly stay for 6 months. But yeah he got deported and he's banned from the US now for 5 years. 

Jan 8, 18 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

"visiting" sure... no one visits their cousins for 6 months at a time.

Jan 8, 18 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Javit2805
I have some knowledge about drywall, studd wall, brick, stone and concrete systems. It’s not common use drywall and studd wall system here in mexico it’s more common build with the others systems.
Jan 8, 18 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I don't think you understood my comment... it was not intended to be taken literally...

Jan 8, 18 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Javit2805
Thank you for your coments, but also I want to know is if with my degree and applying to get my work license or have the certification to be able to work there. It will be easier to apply for a master degree?
Jan 8, 18 10:49 am  · 
 · 
Javit2805
Oh can you be more specific...
Jan 8, 18 10:51 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

see trump and border wall... it's not funny once you need to explain it. With that said, you're likely to see many hurdles given the current backwards views on immigration. You're still just a student so try and get some local experience before moving abroad to the US.

Jan 8, 18 10:56 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Go south! There's an entire continent where you could make yourself useful and actually be appreciated.

Jan 8, 18 11:50 am  · 
 · 
hellion

Agree!

Jan 8, 18 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

or go to europe, or china, architects in this country are becoming more and more irrelevant.

Jan 8, 18 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

^  But can you make a living there?

Jan 8, 18 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

of course you can, an educated professional can make a living anywhere. Not more expensive than LA or NY. I don't want to assume you're asking if you can live like in Akron,OH.

Jan 8, 18 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Geezer, billions of people make a living all over the world, often at higher standards of living than in the US

Jan 9, 18 3:08 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Oops, hit enter mid sentence, lost my train of thoughts...well you get the point, think first episode of Newsroom the auditorium scene.

Jan 9, 18 3:11 am  · 
 · 

The best way it to apply at a school or large firm with huge offices and the resources to sponsor your visa. You should get a green card before making the leap.

Jan 8, 18 11:54 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

Jan 8, 18 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

so what’s new- a mexican wanting to work in the U.S.

Jan 8, 18 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

That's the spirit!

Jan 9, 18 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

oprah as president would be disastrous! 

Jan 8, 18 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: