Archinect
anchor

structural column grid

meshaal

hello every one :)

will I am studying architecture and I did this project and then they asked us to make a grid to put columns on it and I am having issues making that grid in the pics there is the floor plan and some 3d shots to see how the building is 

any ideas or help :)

thaaanx a lot in advance.

Jan 4, 18 4:03 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 8 Comments

Featured Comment
senjohnblutarsky

Sky hooks!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 4, 18 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

1) Draw straight lines

2) Draw other straight lines

3) Make columns where they intersect. 

See if you can find a right-angle in your design. Work from there.

Kids these days...

Jan 4, 18 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
meshaal

I did that it has been refused by the instructor

and in my design I have different angels    

Jan 4, 18 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Make sure the columns are bent to follow the walls as you change levels.

Jan 4, 18 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

I will call it the JP building 

Jan 4, 18 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I love that the elevators are tucked away in the top right leaving the entire 1st floor of the left building inaccessible unless they go outside.

Jan 4, 18 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
meshaal

it is a mixed use building they asked us to have supermarket and offices so I thought it would be a good idea to separate the two buildings

Jan 4, 18 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Column grids do not have to be orthogonal but they need to be rational to some extent. If you can keep the grids at even spacing or within a range of 20-30' that is a workable solution. Simple with as few bays as possible aligning columns with major opening and edges while keeping columns clear of the key functional areas. The goals is to have repetition in the structural members wherever possible. The example below uses grids that are parallel to the exterior walls lining up lines of columns wherever possible.

Good Luck

Over and OUT

Peter N

Jan 4, 18 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
meshaal

thanx a lot :)

Jan 4, 18 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
meshaal

so can I change the shape of the column in the way I want ? and in the grid I should put a column in each intersect or I can skip some intersects ??

Jan 4, 18 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Try to keep the beams as simple and consistent as possible. if you can work it out that the spacing in one direction is 30' and the other 25 then that is simple for a structural engineer to calculate.

Jan 4, 18 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
meshaal

thaanx again :)

Jan 4, 18 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Will I am?

http://will.i.am/img/app/footer-image.png
Jan 5, 18 4:51 am  · 
 · 
meshaal

can I put the columns that way or they should be 90 degree ??

Jan 6, 18 6:11 am  · 
 · 
meshaal

thaaanx u really helped me I will send u a post after I done to take the notes when ever ur free

Jan 6, 18 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

make 'em round and they'll always line up ;)

Jan 7, 18 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: