Archinect
anchor

Finished Floor Elevation Recomendation

lzhang84

Hi, I am new to this and need help determining what the finished floor elevation for this particular site and layout should be.  Lot 2 is where the house will be built.  My first inclination is to go with a 394' elevation since that is the elevation the driveway will come in at.  But that will result in a higher retaining wall on the south side of the property where there is a steep slope.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

-Larry

Jan 1, 18 1:26 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 8 Comments

Wood Guy

The answer depends on many factors. Factors your instructor probably went over in class...

Jan 1, 18 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

500' why not 

Jan 1, 18 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I like that ambition!

I remember in the '90s when house prices went so high that the previously unbuilt hillsides suddenly became economically viable (for some) as development sites.  Retaining walls routinely went to twenty feet and even taller.  Why so concerned about a couple of extra feet?

Jan 1, 18 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Reccomendation: Hire an architect.

Jan 1, 18 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
senjohnblutarsky

FFE depends on a variety of things.  What is your floor assembly? Slab on grade? Floor trusses? Joists? Crawlspace? Basement? Putting wood framing near grade brings in some other requirements.  

If this is a school project, then you're being lazy.

If this is a personal project, you're not asking enough questions, seeking free advice from people who get paid to do these things, and being lazy. 

Jan 2, 18 8:08 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

think about a standard single family home.... is the finish floor level usually the same as the driveway/garage?

Jan 2, 18 10:22 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Without the actual plans of the residence, what with all the step-ups and downs, all our assumptions are just that, guesses.

Jan 2, 18 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

that will not be built, even at 394', because you don't know why.

Jan 2, 18 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The answer to your problem is always 42

Jan 2, 18 11:25 am  · 
 · 
go do it

When in question go higher. You almost can't put a house to high.

To low=big problems

To high=can work around

Jan 2, 18 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

yea been doing that my hole :) life

Jan 3, 18 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: