Archinect
anchor

Architects ought to be humble, Kengo Kuma says

Kengo Kuma www.inexhibit.com

Kengo Kuma www.inexhibit.com

In a recent video interview, acclaimed Japanese architect Kengo Kuma expresses some truly interesting thoughts about architecture and the role of architects in today’s world.

Among them, he talks about modesty, a quality arguably quite rare in most architectural offices. In Kuma’s vision, for architects, humbleness originates from working slowly and methodically, moving step by step, without haste, from small, relatively modest projects towards larger, more ambitious ones.

Full video interview available at https://www.inexhibit.com/marker/architects-ought-to-be-humble-kengo-kuma-says/

Kengo Kuma & Associates, Sunnyhills showroom, Tokio, 2013; photo © Alessio Guarino

Dec 15, 17 3:36 pm
JLC-1

not happening any time soon, somebody blows too much smoke up their yazzoos in grad school

Dec 15, 17 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

True as hell...

Dec 15, 17 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

https://archinect.com/news/art...

Dec 15, 17 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Finjohn

I work with architects very often and the 1st tip I was told is this: "If you have something an architect wants at the moment they will be your best friend, if you don't they will be arrogant and ignore you with their superior minded condescending attitudes which most have." 

Dec 15, 17 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

That's a very condescending thing to say about architects.

Dec 15, 17 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's because FinJohn is a sales rep.

Dec 15, 17 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
Finjohn

I agree it was a condescending thing to say. I have found most to be very friendly and courteous with me. And yes I am. I am just asking for honest feedback from architects so I can avoid doing anything that is annoying or unprofessional. 

Dec 15, 17 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

"so I can avoid doing anything that is annoying or unprofessional." You could quit your job, that would help ;)

Dec 16, 17 3:35 am  · 
 · 

The work should be modest, too. 

Dec 15, 17 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

More humble, like this?

Dec 16, 17 3:33 am  · 
 · 

hi guys. im looking for  informations  anf picturs about  some kiko mozuna's works

to be exact

1:yosue house

2:zen temple

3:yin yang house

please help me

Dec 16, 17 9:22 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Where did you look already and what do you have so far?

Dec 16, 17 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Do your own damn homework. Lazy students.

Dec 17, 17 10:34 am  · 
 · 
kamranzoughi

every where i guss to could help but nothing

Dec 16, 17 10:37 am  · 
 · 
randomised

So you have nothing yet you know the architect and the name of the projects. Where did you get those from?

Dec 16, 17 11:49 am  · 
 · 
kamranzoughi

sorry because of my bad english

Dec 17, 17 12:58 am  · 
 · 
kamranzoughi

i research for an article about charles jenck's evolutionary tree and in that chart there are names of architects، movments and some works of architects. those works of mozuna's that i named in top are some of the projects that i could not find any information and picture about in the net so i thought here someone could help me

Dec 17, 17 1:07 am  · 
 · 

“Everyone, rich or poor, deserves a shelter for the soul.”
– Sambo Mockbee

Dec 19, 17 2:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: