Archinect
anchor

How many practicing architects in Canada now?

wjranger

I've had this questions for a while and done some researches online but could not find a solid answer. Neither RAIC nor provincial architects’ association could provide a decent up-to-date numbers. OAA is the best to publish the directory of architects annually. A few others have online lists. Some have no information provided…

Does anyone know how many practicing architects in Canada?

Nov 20, 17 3:09 pm
Non Sequitur

Contact each of the provinces' respective associations and ask for their total licensed members.  Seems simple enough.  It's probably not something worth posting on website so best to call and ask.

I know a few dozen, so there's a start.

Nov 20, 17 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Here is a list of the member directory at the RAIC.  https://www.raic.org/members-d...

If you keep all search fields empty and hit search it will list all registered members.  I have yet to meet an architect here, that is practicing, that is not a member of the RAIC

Nov 21, 17 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I'm practicing and not an RAIC member. I did however just do a cursory search of practicing architects in my province, both from my association and the RAIC, and 2/3 of practicing architects seem to be registered with RAIC. For what that's worth.

Nov 22, 17 12:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Almosthip, I am a practicing architect but not a member of the RIAC.
Nov 21, 17 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

and we have yet to meet.

Nov 21, 17 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: