Archinect
anchor

Term Infrastructure

Please comment, if the word/term infrastructure can be used to make a reference to building Structure, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Etc. Has anyone use the term infrastructure in this way in describing  architectural support system? Is it correct or not? Any comment will be appreciate it

Thank You

Nov 19, 17 4:44 pm
hellion

In my experience, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. are commonly referred to as "utilities" when describing or defining their functions in context or in reference to building design. Structural is commonly associated with the construction aspect. Altogether, they comprise the engineering support system of an architectural building design.

The main sources or channels of these utilities, including the building(s), highways and bridges, transportation, power, waste management, etc. and the larger development (i.e. a city) it supplies is basically what you call the infrastructure. Hope that made sense for you otherwise there's google search to correct me if I'm wrong. Haha!

Nov 19, 17 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: