Archinect
anchor

What do you call this pattern?

apricot

Have been pretty detached from parametric design for a while. 

Is there a name for this kind of pattern?

Nov 1, 17 1:55 pm
JonathanLivingston

3d H

Nov 1, 17 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

I kid. It looks like a sliced form that applies supports in a running bond.

Nov 1, 17 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
apricot

porous parametric running bond?

Nov 1, 17 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it's called "looked better in the renderings without those supports"

Nov 1, 17 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
apricot

without supports it'll be called contoured lofted surface?

Nov 1, 17 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

plywood wet cave

Nov 1, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Should have used 3" thick plexiglass intermediate layers so that you didn't have to have supports

Nov 1, 17 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

3"-thick cornstarch based translucent layers with 1/4" holes drilled at angles following the trajectory of the sun on the day of installation.  It's the perfect type of material, heavily labor intensive (installed at the low, low price of free student labor) but very cheap raw material cost.  Plus, it includes "parametric" design elements and "solar"... I mean the word sun, so it's "green", sure to get an A in any studio-esque 3-credit hour elective

Nov 2, 17 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Those supports make it interesting and provide the brickpattern like shadows imho. I'd give you an F ;)

Nov 3, 17 1:15 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

You'd give me a C at worst or else I'd complain to the dean and you'd lose your adjunct position teaching 3-credit hour classes... but honestly, you'd give me an A, because after your first crit, where I got the flow of what you liked, I'd just grind out ungodly amounts of renderings and models of your pet ideas until you decided to take one and present it as your own idea at some art gallery in an attempt to gain tenure.

Nov 6, 17 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: