Archinect
anchor

Architecture copies/doubles

Mies91

In the last few years I've often seen comments on architecture websites stating that a certain architect "copied" a certain building.

Do you know any example of this?

I'll start: BIG's and Dorte Mandrup Architects' Cacti vs Miguel Fisac's The Pagoda

Oct 14, 17 5:23 am
randomised

They look totally different to me, with Fisac it is one integrated constructive system that makes for a certain image, with BIG it is the exact opposite, it starts (and ends) with the image without any understanding or interest in the constructive system...

Oct 14, 17 7:41 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Mies91, those cacti are not even designed by Dorte Mandrup Architects, that's all BIG. Dorte Mandrup did the masterplan and some other buildings in the scheme. Before you 'accuse' someone of copying, maybe do a bit of research ;-)

Oct 15, 17 3:08 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Both are hideous but hideous in their own way.

Oct 14, 17 8:41 am  · 
 · 

Oct 14, 17 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

"Both are hideous but hideous in their own way."

Oct 14, 17 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

I'll take either one of these over the first two, which look like Darth Vader after a very bad night.

Oct 14, 17 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

This thread is also a copy/double, ha!

Someone Has Built It Before: https://archidialog.com/

Oct 15, 17 2:34 am  · 
 · 
archietechie
Archinect

duplitecture [d(y)o͞oplətek(t)SHər], noun: an intentional, functioning copy of a pre-existing, and often familiar, piece of architecture. For example, "Hangzhou's replication of Venice takes duplitecture to the city-level." This definition is Archinect's own wording.

Also, from the news, see posts tagged PLAGIARISM and COPYING

Oct 16, 17 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

is that a picture of paris? las vegas? hangzhou?

Oct 16, 17 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

Hangzhou

Oct 16, 17 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: