Archinect
anchor

To do masters or find a job?

ZoeNaq

Hello! I'm a fresh architecture graduate and recently moved to the US. I haven't actively started looking for work but wanted to get advice from locals who are looking/currently working as architects or even people who chose to do something else for their masters program regarding what should be my next step. As we know architecture varies with geography and so when I moved here all my previous five years of education becomes void as what I learned back at home was different. So now that I'm here I'm hesitant applying for jobs as I might not be good at applying my knowledge here without going back to school. Any job advice, how to go about this and what should I definitely have before applying? Secondly, Im thinking of doing project management for my masters ( if I go for it ) , will I be able to find jobs with that? What should be a good pair with my architecture degree if I'll be practicing in Texas. Looking forward for some helpful advice! Thank you. Z.                                     

Oct 11, 17 2:10 pm
s=r*(theta)

get a job and get license. you could probably get 2-3 M.arch's before getting a license.

Oct 11, 17 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

My advice is to apply for jobs with what you have and see what you get.  If you need visa sponsorship, you may hit a brick wall.  A lot of employers don't want to deal with the hassle or cost of the visa process.  If you already have a visa and can work in the US, just put your portfolio and resume out there and see what feedback you get.

If your goal is to become a licensed architect in America, the fastest route is probably through getting an M.Arch and going through the testing/experience process post-graduation.  If not, it's a lot of money for very little gain.

Oct 11, 17 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
ZoeNaq
Ok thank you so much!
Oct 12, 17 2:16 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Or do a job and find a masters...

Oct 12, 17 2:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: