Archinect
anchor

Looking for an Architect wanting to JV

bjsint

Hi,

I am looking to find an Architect or Architecture firm who would like to partner on a New Construction project in Los Angeles. I am looking for someone who has always wanted to take on their own project. I have money to invest but would want a partner who also has some skin in the game too.

This would be a first for me and so I am completely open to all sorts of profit sharing models and arrangements. 

Also if anyone has their own projects already going in LA but just needs an investor, I would also be interested in that.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 17 5:26 pm
Almosthip7

Why do investors always feel like we need to have skin in the game?  

Sep 29, 17 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

You got it.

Oct 1, 17 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
I wonder how much money is actually available for this scam.
Sep 29, 17 5:58 pm  · 
 · 

You design the project and I'll give you a piece of the profits. Oops, sorry, there weren't any profits. Let's try it again ... this time it will be better!

Notice how the developer has posted no credentials. Totally anonymous, a phishing expedition. 

Sep 29, 17 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Oh, but just think. You'll have another masterpiece for your portfolio.

Oct 1, 17 10:49 am  · 
 · 
bjsint

Not a scam at all. Just genuinely interested to see what sort of project wold be appealing to an architect, for their prospective. 

The reason I suggest profit sharing is because the architect would hopefully make more money than a normal work for hire contract, and therefore be appealing enough. Yes there would be essentially be work for free upfront(just like me) but we would jointly own a physical asset - land/ existing property so I don't really see the scam here. 

The only bad way this could end is if the house sold for less than we put into it, which having spoken to a lot of other investors in the area doesn't happen. Houses prices are actually breaking records.

If somehow the project go south, I would be losing money too, and trust me - I don't want to spend a year enough working full time on a project that's going to ultimately loose money.

I probably should have mentioned that projects in this area in Los Angeles are making on average about $1.2m profit per house. So, if all things go well and we were to split the profits, would it not be a much better deal than just being paid the contract price?

Architect i've spoken to in the past have told me that their ultimate goal is to take on their own projects as that is also the best way to really control your own business, do only the projects you want to do and make the most money, If that is not the general consensus than forgive me.

Oct 8, 17 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

"what kind of project would be appealing"

A. one that pays complete fee 

B. One that isn't controlled by projected profit margins 

Oct 8, 17 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
bjsint

Ok, so you are saying that there is no deal structure in which you would be a part of project on spec?

Oct 8, 17 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
bjsint

Im sorry if my questions offend anyone, I'm only asking questions to gain a better understanding. 

Oct 8, 17 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Nope, not unless I was the investor. Not for someone else's investment.

Oct 8, 17 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
bjsint

Thanks for responding. Thats why I mentioned having skin in the game so we would be equal partners, it would be as much your investment as mine. Ultimately I'd love to find an Architect who wants to start their own business doing investment projects themselves but doesn't have the money and needs the funds to get going.

Oct 8, 17 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: