Archinect
anchor

If you go to hell...

BulgarBlogger

If you got to hell, what hellish architecture task do you expect to be doing?

Sep 28, 17 1:08 pm

Wait a minute - you mean THIS isn't hell? 

WTF.

Sep 28, 17 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

schedules and specs. and waterproofing details.

Sep 28, 17 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I think the only hell is those created by that Chester fellow on the latest "what style is this shitty house" discussion. Besides that, hell is only a concept for the weaklings who need "adult supervision" in their lives.

Sep 28, 17 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I think who ever grew up here is in "hell".

Sep 28, 17 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

Trailer Park Boys come to mind.

Sep 28, 17 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm a big fan of the rust-stain paint scheme they have. I would not have considered matching my handrail colours with the trash boxes.

Sep 28, 17 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Lot of homeless families would be very grateful for that home

Sep 28, 17 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

door hardware specs and schedules = true hell.

Sep 28, 17 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Client meetings all day, every day.

Sep 28, 17 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
mtdew

Buried in endless RFI & submittal paperwork. listening to the newly graduated intern's design philosophy. Oh no! I just described my actual day!

Sep 28, 17 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

At least you get RFI's.

Sep 29, 17 10:23 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Being a plan checker in a building department.

Second choice:  Cleaning up bad/corrupted CAD files done by a newly fired ex-employee.  Don't ask why I say that.

Sep 28, 17 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

EXPLODED HATCH REGIONS - yea boyeeee!

Sep 28, 17 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Some people just can't be trained. Just like some dogs can't be house broken.

Sep 28, 17 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

If you want to make someone's head explode, trace over their plans zoomed way in with no snaps, polar, or ortho.

Sep 28, 17 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Door and hardware schedules

Sep 28, 17 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Revit stairs.

Sep 28, 17 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
spiketwig

Responding to administrative BS from the plan checker. Like when you get the comments back and the only one is: add deltas to every cloud. 

Sep 28, 17 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

working for an interior designer

Sep 28, 17 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Getting paid upfront to work on a great commission without tight deadlines and zero inspiration.

Sep 29, 17 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Doing work and not getting paid for it all the while still being asked (screamed at) to do more work because I'm holding everything up.

Sep 29, 17 3:45 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

"Don't you want this for your portfolio?" -- 10 years of experience and a license and I'm still supposed to be desperate enough to work for a photo instead of coin.

Sep 29, 17 4:07 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Last resort...

Sep 29, 17 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Quitting a "job" four times and being "rehired" because I'm needed four times all in just a few months. But then not getting paid anyways, hence the upside down commas around the word "job". It's only a job if you get paid, it's called hell when u don't.

Sep 29, 17 4:16 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Sounds like Im getting paid after all. I asked again in a pleasant tone. They said I will get paid. Woot!

Sep 29, 17 10:21 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i would rather spend a week writing specs than a day dealing with poorly written, uncoordinated specs.

if i was in hell i think i would be trying to wrest control from the devil.  not just that i want power, but the fucker keeps going behind my back to fuck shit up and leaving me to piss my day away cleaning up his messes.  some days i just don't have patience for stupid.

Sep 29, 17 7:05 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I would rather write specs than most things I have to do.

Sep 29, 17 10:18 am  · 
 · 

There should be a special place in heaven reserved for those who write specs. A good specifier is worth so much more than just the words on the paper.

Sep 29, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i find they read the specs after they've put something you didn't intend into the project, in hopes of finding the paragraph you didn't have coordinated well enough with the drawings.

Sep 29, 17 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

I'm just here to point out that there is a lot of architecture between houses and public works, thank you.

Sep 29, 17 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Read the specs to them (pre-bid). Disqualify anyone who didn't read the specs.

Sep 29, 17 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I meant either/or. Read parts GC/GR. Have bidders sign to acknowledge receipt of specs. Disqualify if can't read bid forms (can't follow directions.)

Sep 29, 17 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: