Archinect
anchor

what is the difference for Civil Engineer and Architecture Student

monu1

Hi..

I am Monu. I am goingto study Architecture course next year. Ihad a doubt that what is the difference between civil Engineering student and Architecture Engineering student. Your answer will helps me to choose the right course in my higher studies. 

Sep 27, 17 3:29 am
ecnal

civil or structural, not architectural.

Civil generally deals with large infrastructure and structural generally deals with buildings.

Sep 27, 17 4:15 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'm sure you can study architectural engineering too

Sep 27, 17 5:49 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Civil also handles drainage, site work, etc... Civil also can go into environmental, geotech, etc, services such as Phase I and II ESA work, borings.  You can get a job working for terracon or united as a civil guy.

Some civil engineers even focus on things like traffic patterns, logistics, light signalling, air traffic controllers, ie transportation stuff.  Depends on which school you go to and what you specialize in.

Sep 27, 17 11:11 am  · 
 · 
natematt

Don't confuse Architectural Engineering with Architecture, it's actually an Engineering field. 

Sep 27, 17 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Architectural engineers do engineering work with/for architects because architects cannot engineer. Civil engineers rarely work on buildings and if they do it's only for large scale site work. Civil engs often coordinate with many other types of engineers on large scale infrastructure projects. Civil is one of the more diverse types of engineering whereas architectural engineering is one of the most limiting.
Sep 27, 17 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: