Archinect
anchor

Looking for advice on my portfolio

FlameAura

Hello,

Is there anyone that could find some time and help me with my portfolio? I'd appreciate that a lot!! I graduated with Masters degree in June and started to send out applications to get my first "real" job but no luck with getting replies. Maybe I am just impatient or maybe my portfolio does suck, that's what I want to find out.

For various reasons I don't want to post it online (although I do realize I would probably get much richer feedback). What I would prefer is to send it individually to people willing to help me. 

Anyone?

Thanks in advance :)

Sep 22, 17 3:25 am
FlameAura

Thanks for the ideas David :)

I still would prefer to sort out my portfolio first and try to find a job in a more conventional way. Also, I don't think my personal strengths lie in being "amusing", I'd rather treat these options as a last resort ;)

Sep 22, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Can't "help" if I can't see the thing. Just go through ISSUU is all I can say. But own whatever you make and stand by it if you go off-script and do something different.

Sep 22, 17 8:54 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

You can send me your portfolio, I try to give good feedback

Sep 22, 17 10:42 am  · 
 · 
FlameAura

I just sent you an e-mail via Archinect, thanks a lot!!

Sep 22, 17 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mon11

I sent you an email as well. I sent myself a copy, but it went to spam. Could you check your spam folder if you havent received it? Thanks!

Sep 26, 17 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
FlameAura

Hey SpatialSojourner, I was wondering if by any chance you managed to take a look at my portfolio. Please let me know! :) Right now I am working on version that I can afford to print out and then send out a physical copy to my favourite offices. I am not sure which projects to leave out and which to keep...any help would be much appreciated!!

Oct 6, 17 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
danielkragskov

You are welcome to send it to me, I'll gladly take a peek at it. 

Oct 7, 17 3:47 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

^ Would second his portfolio critique sensibilities given his is one many should aspire to follow. That and Randomised's.

Oct 7, 17 4:03 am  · 
 · 
archinine
You'd get better results if you were confident enough to post the thing...
Oct 7, 17 11:54 am  · 
 · 
FlameAura

Daniel- I just sent you a message.

Archinine- Yes, you're absolutely right.

If anyone else seeks some portfolio entertainment on Saturday night, let me know!

Oct 7, 17 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: