Archinect
anchor

M. Arch Programs w/ Digital Fabrication & Computational Design

zswzy

Hey all, 

I am looking to apply to programs with a focus on the digital side of design - Digital Fabrication and Computational Design. It appears that GSAPP, UPenn, and MIT are among the top school with this focus - is there any other program you'd all recommend looking into?

Also- Any thoughts about the M. Arch program at Carnegie Mellon?

Thanks!

Sep 12, 17 2:40 pm

The one that isn't flooded.

Sep 12, 17 2:44 pm
tomahawks_619

There are couple but the schools you said along with Pratt , Sci Arc & Michigan. 

A lot of the teachers do float around between these fabrication / parametric schools so you might see familiar names.

Sep 12, 17 8:16 pm
( • Y • )'s comment has been hidden
( • Y • )

Maybe try posting in 'Academia'. That way people not interested in your prepubescent noodling wouldn't have to wade through it here. 

Sep 12, 17 9:13 pm

Poke around The Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture. You might find some names and/or work associated with schools that interests you.

Sep 12, 17 9:26 pm
zswzy

This is perfect. Thank you!

jamesaleisterbarcelona

Search these. These are what I'm looking into as I'm also interested in getting into the same degree. They're all outside of the US, cheaper options (excluding London) and have reputable faculty and curriculum as well. 

Switzerland: ETH Zurich DFAB

Spain: ETSAV / CODA Parametric Design in Architecture

France: Design By Data (it's in Paris)

Germany: M-CDC (University of Applied Sciences in Detmold, Germany)

Germany: ICD ITECH

London: Architectural Computation at the Bartlett (UCL)

London: EmTech, DRL or Design & Make at the AA

Nov 16, 17 8:46 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: