Archinect
anchor

Photoshop Doubt

piero1910

I have been looking at many post-production tutorials. But, most of them do not clarify anything for me because they expect people to have a certain level in Photoshop and I still do not have it. 

I looked at some renders and they have some reflection and brightness effects which I do not know how to reproduce.  But, those renderings which I have seen. They have reflection and brightness in specific places of the facades. I do not mean to do it in the whole image. I can attach some examples here. Thanks. 

I do not mean to create something as exact as those ones, but just to have some similar effects. 

Aug 27, 17 5:43 am
FlameAura

I think the workflow for such images would be first to render it with vray (also include different channels so you might use them later in photoshop) and then to emphasize light/shadow just select each wall you want to differentiate and make adjustment layer with your selection as a mask. You can also just paint on seperate layer with your wall selected with white/black paint brush with 0% hardness, so it looks smooth, and then change the blending mode of this layer to overlay/screen and adjust opacity. This looks really good if you do it carefully without overdoing it Hope that helps!

Aug 27, 17 7:53 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

FlameAura,

What do you mean by using different channels? Do you mean in V-Ray? I am not completely familiar with all the options in V-Ray. That is why I am asking. 

Aug 27, 17 9:32 am  · 
 · 
FlameAura

I am only familiar with Vray in Rhino and there you can go to Options--->VFB channels and choose many different channels that can be rendered at the same time as your image (which by default is RGB color and Alpha channel). Most of them in my opinion are not very useful for Photoshop post-production work, but some of them, such as reflections, shadow etc, can be overlayed on your image with some blending mode and therefore emphasize these features on your image. Watch some tutorials about it! :)

Also some bonus tip: assign material ID to your vray materials and then render material ID channel for easy selection in Photoshop of all the elements using the same material

Z-Depth channel is super nice to use later for blurring things in the distance, again, search for tutorials on youtube.

Good luck!

Aug 27, 17 10:35 am  · 
 · 
FlameAura

Also- look for architectural visualisations photoshop tutorials on youtube, I think it's much more important to know Photoshop really well and Vray on the basic level, then other way round ;)

Aug 27, 17 10:46 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

Thanks for all your explanations. 

Lastly, I would like to ask you if there are some specific tutorials, which you can recommend me because I have seen several, but I did not understand much as I mentioned above. Since, they do not talk or explain anything. They just show the way that they do, but I do not have sufficient knowledge to grab everything so quickly. Thanks. 

Aug 27, 17 11:16 am  · 
 · 
FlameAura

Hey, sorry I don't have anything specific in mind as I was learning organically over some years. Try to look for longer tutorials (like 1 hour), they should be more explanatory. If you cannot follow them, maybe a good idea would be to go through Lynda course- Photoshop essentials or something similar, these courses are truly amazing :)

Aug 27, 17 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Just youtube it, it's impossible to explain if you don't know the basics. There's tons of help and support available out there but this is not the way to go I'm afraid. The TU Delft has also some nice resources available and they really start from the basics: http://wiki.bk.tudelft.nl/toi-...

Aug 27, 17 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: