Archinect
anchor

Kengo Kuma Internship 1 vs 2 month

yoyoyoyoyo

Hi all

So basically I got accepted by Kengo Kuma studio in Japan and for sure I am going!

However I have limited time as I have other plans in the summer. So I am struggling between working for 1 month or 2 months. 

I am wondering if I can rly learn or experience more if I choose to work for 2 months? Coz very probably I am going to do the same thing for 60 days....

And another point is that, KKA is offering much higher salary in the second month than the first! That makes me wna stay for one more month!

Anyone with experience plz give some comments! 

Thanks a lot.

Mar 17, 17 8:26 am
sgmardini

I think you should stay for two months. I doubt that you will be doing the same thing for 60 days if the salary gets higher during the second month! Goodluck.

Mar 17, 17 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

what's the salary?

Mar 17, 17 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Zbig

Two months. Anything other plans are secondary. Take this opportunity to learn as much as possible.

Mar 17, 17 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So, Kuma pays his interns, thought nobody did in Japan. Kudos for Kengo! Go as long as you can.

Mar 17, 17 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

THIS!

Mar 18, 17 5:10 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

1 month internship.. lol  why would they even offer that?  It would be over by the time I got familiar with the office.  It must be temporary help to build competition models etc.

Mar 18, 17 4:45 am  · 
 · 
FD47

How did you apply for it? Did you mail hardcopy portfolio to Tokyo? I applied online but I assume that they prefer hardcopy materials for application?

Mar 22, 17 11:21 am  · 
 · 
parkr

Hi,

Where can I apply for Kengo internships? and can anybody give advice on what you would need to apply and the whole process?

Thanks.

Feb 18, 21 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
RJ87

Regardless of work / architecture, why would you not seize the opportunity to live in Japan for 2 months? I was in Tokyo / Kyoto for 3 months & I'd go back for another 3 tomorrow if I had the opportunity. Travel.

Feb 18, 21 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

If you really want to learn something stay as long as you can. 1 month is nothing.

Feb 19, 21 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

1 month? what about 3 years? Because that's how old this is.

Feb 19, 21 1:12 pm  · 
1  · 
BabbleBeautiful

HAH, my bad. Wasn't paying attention. How did it come towards the top of the list?

Feb 19, 21 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^came back because one-post-pony parkr digged it up thinking that's how you apply for jobs.

Feb 19, 21 1:33 pm  · 
1  · 
RJ87

Apparently I need to get into a better habit of checking the date on posts. Seems to happen frequently.

Feb 22, 21 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: