Archinect
anchor

2017 STATS, DECISIONS, FINAL RESULTS, & MORE...

RTVSkaarchitecture

I got an A in materials and methods at a community college
​i'm probably having an a in calculus but I think i'm gonna drop cuz i'm bored

I'll probably get an A on the physics exams, but I'll probably fail the class
​I should've been dropped from welding from non-attendance, but i'm gonna go again

My electrical wiring class is the best, I bet I have an a
I got a c in residential wiring
I got a c in initial welding
​I've got a high b in physical geology and hope to pull an a
​didn't apply to any schools
​advice?I wish to become an architect, if they change the laws in USA.

​I've got piles of original artwork, wtf should I do?  burn it?

Mar 5, 17 10:43 am  · 
 · 
sidewinder

don't drop calculus if you want to become an architect. it's required.

Mar 5, 17 11:53 am  · 
 · 
isms

Anybody hear back from GSAPP for the M.Arch program? The wait's killing me.

Mar 6, 17 8:09 am  · 
 · 
paigegibson

The wait is killing me too! They say mid-March. And last year it was around the 14th but next week is their spring break. So hopefully this week

Mar 6, 17 8:17 am  · 
 · 

where did you hear they'd sent out responses by mid-march?

Mar 6, 17 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

i heard back from GSAPP a couple days ago, ACCEPTED with (15k) not much but something

Mar 11, 17 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
srarch

- 23 / M / Argentina
- Bachelor of Architecture (6 years) with Licensure / National University of Cordoba
- GPA: 3.76 / 4.00
- GRE: 144 V / 147 Q  / 3.0 W - Do not like these standardised exams, one try.
- TOEFL: 92 / 120
- LOR: 1 thesis professor, 1 Director of Architecture office, 1 GSD alumni, 
- Portfolio: 5 projects - Thesis work, Student Work, International Competition, 2 Professional projects in architecture office
- Applied: YSOA, GSD, Penn, GSAPP

IN:

- GSD - MLA I AP 
- Penn - MLA II

OUT: 

- YSOA - M. Arch II

Waitlisted on GSAPP M.S.AAD

Mar 6, 17 8:32 am  · 
 · 
starsailors

Has MIT sent out results? Seems US applicants are getting some results via phone, according to grad cafe. Any international student got result?

Mar 6, 17 11:35 am  · 
 · 

im in the us and i haven't heard anything yet. hope that isn't a bad sign.

Mar 6, 17 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
paigegibson

On MIT's website they say phone decisions are not allowed to be given out over the phone, and yet thats what I see from everyone

Mar 6, 17 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
archiitex

Has anyone heard from Rice yet?

Mar 6, 17 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
NMMN0325

I'm still waiting to hear back from them too. Per the Gradcafe, last year they didn't start sending out decisions till March 18th. Hopefully this year it will be a little sooner.

Mar 6, 17 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
archiitex

Got a call from the Dean today! Into Option 1 even though I applied for Option 2.

Mar 6, 17 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
NMMN0325

Wow, congrats!

Mar 7, 17 9:46 am  · 
 · 
arch_w1

Also received a call from the dean! In for the option 1 program.

Mar 7, 17 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

25 / M / US

5 Year Professional Degree from USC

GPA: Decent

GRE: 90th percentile on average

LOR: 2 Professor, 1 GSD Alumni

Portfolio: By far my strongest area, many personal projects (individual installations, invited to a number of prestigious group shows, personal art shows), lots of individual research in computation and representation, worked with a number of publication companies for graphics and design, founded a mobile app, working on a web app, worked at a couple good professional firms, and started my own firm (limited work)

Applied: MiT SMArchS , Harvard GSD, Columbia GSAPP, UCLA AUD, and Cornell AAP

In: All but waiting to hear from MiT still 

Mar 6, 17 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
starsailors

Which programs did you applied for GSD and GSAPP?

Mar 6, 17 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

MARCH II

Mar 7, 17 9:54 am  · 
 · 
frigidstars
In at Columbia GSAPP M Arch I!!!
Mar 7, 17 9:14 am  · 
 · 
Yayaissme

IN GSAPP MARCH 1. Unbelievable. 

Mar 7, 17 9:16 am  · 
 · 
isms

In at GSAPP M.ARCH 1. I'm crying. Congratulations to everyone!

Mar 7, 17 9:20 am  · 
 · 
ML17

22/F/US
- BFA Architectural Design/ Parsons/ 2017
- 3.7 GPA, within the top 5% of my graduating class
- V 155, Q 150, A 4.0
- LOR: Studio professor (Columbia grad), Architecture Research professor (Columbia faculty), former boss (Yale grad)
- I talked about the three major cities I've lived in, what I learned from them and how I apply that to my projects
- Curated by a studio professor who went to Columbia and worked in admissions as well as my former boss.
- IN: Penn, OUT: YSOA, GSD, GSAPP 
- I am beyond disappointed that I only got into Penn. I was under the impression my application was competitive as deemed so by the director of my program as well as several professors. I was wondering if someone might have any insight on what could've gone wrong? Would my lack of professional experience hurt me that much?

Congratulations to everyone who got in!

Mar 7, 17 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Meowkins

Hi ML17, I am from Parsons as well/2013, I was accepted into yale cornell and UTA, awaiting pratt and rejected from GSD. I cant say for the GSD but I would think its because of experience. I would suggest work for a few years and solidify why specifically you want to do your masters and what you want to get out of it. What your larger aim and focus is. Wish you all the best!

Mar 7, 17 10:18 am  · 
 · 
ML17

Thank you, Meowkins, I'm leaning towards taking a few years off.

Mar 7, 17 10:34 am  · 
 · 
linhou

IN GSAPP MARCH 1. Very happy. Too expensive, isn't it? how much exactly we should expect to spend? 

Mar 7, 17 10:15 am  · 
 · 
sidewinder

I've heard the rule of thumb is to not get into more debt than your projected first years salary.

Mar 7, 17 10:21 am  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

In the same boat here. Didn't get any aid offered :/ kind of hard to be excited.

Mar 7, 17 11:06 am  · 
 · 
archibitch

According to their acceptance catalogue, the estimated expenditure for a 9 month period (2017-18) would be 88k. Including tuition for two semesters, living, transport, fees and personal expenses. Steep.

Mar 7, 17 11:46 am  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

264k of debt over 3 years. Yikes.

Mar 7, 17 11:53 am  · 
 · 
archibitch

Indeed.

Has anyone on here received word about financial aid from GSAPP? I can't find anything on Grad Cafe either for March Applicants.

Mar 7, 17 11:55 am  · 
 · 
linhou

oh gosh. we can not even make that much of money. they didn't mention anything about the financial aid, but they did say that there are a lot of blablabla to make money on campus. I may call them to ask the details. Cross fingers for Cornell and Berkeley though.

Mar 7, 17 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
JCano

Still waiting on MIT! So nervous!

Mar 7, 17 10:32 am  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Are you waiting for m.arch or smarchs? I'm waiting for smarchs It's taking sooo long! Can't handle my anxiety any longer! Haha

Mar 7, 17 10:39 am  · 
 · 
starsailors

It's killing me

Mar 7, 17 10:48 am  · 
 · 
mattgehm

waiting for smarchs too, hurry up already!

Mar 7, 17 10:50 am  · 
 · 
JCano

M Arch 1. Hopefully we hear back this week!

Mar 7, 17 10:57 am  · 
 · 
hpcc

waiting too!

Mar 7, 17 11:32 am  · 
 · 
kjkaos

Waiting on M.Arch as well - they seem to be telling like 1 person a day! -_-

Mar 7, 17 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
stevennavarro

Accepted to M.Arch @ UIC this morning via Website! 

Mar 7, 17 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Congrats! Chicago is a great city.

Mar 7, 17 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

MIT SMARCHS offered a full tuition scholarship plus a $24k stipend each year for living. I think that makes the decision very easy.

Mar 7, 17 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

Email or call?

Mar 7, 17 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

Both, email for acceptance, and call about funding. What SMARCHS program did you apply for? It seems each program perhaps is handled differently.

Mar 7, 17 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

Ah, interesting thanks for the reply. I applied to computation. You?

Mar 7, 17 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

I applied for Architectural Design

Mar 7, 17 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

Well huge congrats! Hopefully I'll see you there. It's the last school im waiting to hear from

Mar 7, 17 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

When did you hear back from them? This wait is killin me

Mar 7, 17 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

I did an interview a few weeks ago and received an acceptance email last week. Over the weekend I received a call regarding the funding.

Mar 7, 17 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdano4

Congrats! MIT is my dream school (tied with GSD, surprise surprise). Was your portfolio very technically oriented? and I thought I might ask if you wouldn't mind sharing it with us!

Mar 7, 17 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Congrats! This is the perfect scenario! I applied for architecture and urbanism. I really need the funding

Mar 7, 17 7:27 pm  · 
 · 

Big congrats media-ns!! I really would like to see your portfolio if you dont mind.

Mar 7, 17 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
Meowkins

media-ns! thats AMAZING! Congratulations!!! can you tell me if you are a domestic student or international? I know some people applying next year and if they dont get substantial scholarships going wont be possible, so just wanted to know if you were domestic or international. Congratulations once again and all the best! :)

Mar 8, 17 12:06 am  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Did anyone here apply and/or receive acceptance to the University of Minnesota? I haven't heard anyone say they applied on this forum.

Mar 7, 17 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
NMMN0325

I applied, and was accepted via email on February 7th. I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding financial assistance.

Mar 7, 17 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Okay, I"m in the same boat . Have you visited? Or are you planning to? I'm planning on going to the admitted student open house.

Mar 7, 17 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
NMMN0325

I got my B.S. in architecture from there, and still currently live in the Twin Cities. I can't make it for the Catalyst event, but should be attending their open house. Let me know if you have any questions about the program or Minneapolis in general!

Mar 7, 17 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Oh awesome!

Mar 7, 17 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Actually I am curious to your thoughts on the professional architecture scene in Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Mar 7, 17 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
M-archgc17

Has anyone heard from Berkeley or know when they will start sending out notifications?

Mar 7, 17 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Not yet. I'm expecting a decision from now until sometime next week.

Mar 7, 17 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

Still waiting

Mar 7, 17 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

apparently some people have been posting in grad cafe with their Berkeley results

Mar 7, 17 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Aprism

I went through a few years worth of results and it seems that people on grad cafe always post about Berkeley on the 12th, for M.Arch 1 anyway

Mar 8, 17 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
march'17

just got an email. rejected. :(

Mar 8, 17 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

Same... rejected

Mar 8, 17 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Rejected too :(

Mar 8, 17 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
ritumalhotra

a friend has got into Studio One at UC berkeley ,,, she got her letter today

Mar 9, 17 6:50 am  · 
 · 
Aprism

also rejected. pretty bummed. is it true they admit less than 5 people?

Mar 9, 17 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
underwood_1234

Does anyone know when UIUC & SUNY Buffalo going to send out their decisions?  

Mar 8, 17 10:06 am  · 
 · 
sidewinder

Unfortunately, UIUC has sent out most of their decisions already. If you haven't heard you're most likely on the internal waitlist.

Mar 8, 17 10:37 am  · 
 · 
underwood_1234

Oh alright, Thank You..

Mar 8, 17 10:48 am  · 
 · 
mr.1111

Has anyone else here applied to Syracuse? Still waiting on their decision... 

Mar 8, 17 11:22 am  · 
 · 
calebehly

Havent heard anything yet, and also kinda interested on what their average aid is?

Mar 11, 17 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
mr.1111

@calebehly Received their admission letter via email this morning. They offered a 25k scholarship for the first year, which they said is their max. amount. So that barely helps considering the amount of required credits...

Mar 15, 17 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

Clemson - Has anyone heard admission decisions? I've checked Grad Cafe and no results either. Applied for 3 yr M.Arch.

Mar 8, 17 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
paigegibson

One of my classmates called the admission office and said they should let us know by the end of the week. So fingers crossed

Mar 8, 17 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

Thank you!

Mar 8, 17 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
Skrillz

Anyone hear anything? I saw someone post on gradcafe

Mar 9, 17 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

No word yet, I saw that was a 2yr applicant and I applied for 3yr, not sure if they'll split those up

Mar 9, 17 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Skrillz

Gah the wait is killing me

Mar 9, 17 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
paigegibson

Does anyone know anything about when we should hear from Virginia Tech? 

Mar 9, 17 12:16 am  · 
 · 
kjkaos

Anyone heard from SCi-Arc? 

Mar 9, 17 9:05 am  · 
 · 
matdez6

Still waiting. They told me they would send the results the first week of April.

Mar 9, 17 9:42 am  · 
 · 
kjkaos

So late D: But thanks for the info!

Mar 9, 17 9:45 am  · 
 · 

for M.Arch II right ?

Mar 22, 17 8:43 am  · 
 · 
ii003

Does anyone know when Berkeley open house will be? Can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Also, has anyone heard from Princeton?

Mar 9, 17 9:37 am  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

I have not heard from Princeton and there's nothing on gradcafe. Looks like from previous years if you are in the dean will call.

Mar 9, 17 9:50 am  · 
 · 
ii003

ok thanks!

Mar 9, 17 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
connect.12

Still waiting on Rice, Sci-Arc, Virginia Tech, Parsons and UCLA. Assuming a rejection from UCLA but waiting for the others is killing me 

Mar 9, 17 11:44 am  · 
 · 
matdez6

Same, waiting for ucla. Have they contacted many already? Why a rejection. Their eebsite said they would send results aprox on the 15th of march

Mar 9, 17 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
Aprism

I think ucla sends letters in waves.

Mar 9, 17 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

UCLA told me ''Application Decisions are done on a rolling basis. You should get a decision within the next few weeks. '' so it might not be a rejection haha lets stay positive 

Mar 9, 17 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
matdez6

Mar 9, 17 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
M_ARCHhopeful

Spoke to Yale today, fin aid info for MArch I should be pouring in through regular mail this week!

Mar 9, 17 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
archiitex

Thanks for the update! I'm dying to find out if attendance is even possible.

Mar 9, 17 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
mm09

I received mine. Did you guys?

Mar 10, 17 12:51 am  · 
 · 
archiitex

No, did you receive it by mail?

Mar 10, 17 1:05 am  · 
 · 
mm09

Email, came in yesterday morning.

Mar 10, 17 2:09 am  · 
 · 
M_ARCHhopeful

Still nothing, anyone else from the M ARCH I hear anything? Maybe they said the letters go out last week and we get them this week..

Mar 14, 17 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
linhou

is anyone familiar with MArch Program of UCB and Columbia? I am trying to decide between them. I heard that UCB is more technology-base? Any advice is helpful!!!! Let's forgo financial issue this time :)

Mar 9, 17 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
archdad

Linhou, I am hopeful you've had a clear and easy final choice of school by now. Your options are very similar to my friends' options.

Mar 16, 17 8:52 am  · 
 · 
M-archgc17

Is anyone familiar with UC Denver and/or Pratt? I've got to make a decision but they are two completely different programs 

Mar 9, 17 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
ace_

I only visited Pratt briefly, but here are my two cents. It's in Brooklyn, which obviously has its pros and cons. One of the major pros being the pool of NY architects it can draw from for faculty and critics. My overall impression of the school (from walking around on a random evening) was that it is incredibly cramped. It appeared as though classes were taking place in the hallways. Keep in mind I also wasn't a fan of GSAPP, so maybe I'm just not an urban person. It's certainly an acquired taste depending on your preferences and goals.

Mar 9, 17 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
M-archgc17

That's very helpful thank you!

Mar 9, 17 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
frigidstars

23/M/US
Undergrad degree: BSc Biology
Undergrad GPA: 3.75
GRE: V 162, Q 161, A 5.0

LOR: Dean of undergrad honors program, Former arch professor at GA Tech, Supervisor from work at a conservation nonprofit, and owner of community art space where I volunteered

SOP: I felt this was the strongest portion of my application. I described my path from biology to architecture.

Portfolio: I felt this was my weakest portion of my application since I have never taken any art or design classes. I included drawings from my sketchbook, photography, and research i performed in a lab during undergrad

In: IIT M.Arch I, GSAPP M.Arch, Pratt M.Arch with $15k annual scholarship. Still waiting to hear from University of Washington. 

Mar 9, 17 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
rhh_

I received the recommendation from UCLA AUD and was just wondering if anyone has heard back from the graduate admissions office with the official acceptance?

Mar 9, 17 11:48 pm  · 
1  · 
Aprism

I haven't and I sent my transcript on the 27th

Mar 10, 17 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
sanahmengi

When did you finally hear back from them then?

Mar 3, 22 4:01 am  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

Just heard from Clemson - Accepted!

Need to decide on whether to go out of state or stay in NC. [3-yr program]

In - Clemson, Oregon, NC State, New Mexico, UNC-Charlotte

Out - Texas-Austin

Anyone have advice on staying in state (for NC State) for reduced tuition or going out of state to a more reputable program in Clemson?

Mar 10, 17 11:05 am  · 
 · 
TED

How much is NC tuition compared to others? Probably a no-brainer!

Mar 10, 17 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

NC State - $7,200 (includes health insurance)

Mar 10, 17 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
pmeiburg

UNC-Charlotte - $4,500

· 
pmeiburg

Clemson - $11,300

· 
manda_

Hello! I've been accepted (for M.Arch I) to Pratt, Michigan, and UPenn (waitlisted at Columbia, bummer). Anyone also comparing any of these programs? 

I'm wondering which program will open the most doors for me down the road. I currently live in New York, so that's why I am leaning towards Pratt (wouldn't have to move), but I have heard great things about the two other programs so I don't want to disregard them. Planning on visiting both Michigan and UPenn for open house days.

Both Pratt and Michigan have offered generous annual scholarships ($15-20k at both), and scholarship info has yet to be posted for UPenn.

Thanks for any insight.

Mar 10, 17 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
JCano

I will be at the Michigan and Penn open houses as well. See you there!

Mar 10, 17 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
mm09

Final update since all decisions are in, I am in GSD ($), in YSOA ($$$), Cornell (rejected). I am finally going to YSOA. 

Mar 10, 17 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
archdad

congratulations!

Mar 10, 17 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
mm09

Thank you. :-)

Mar 10, 17 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
zziz

Which program are you in?

Mar 10, 17 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
mm09

M.arch II.

Mar 10, 17 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
arc_arc

Hmmm... How do these $$$ signs work anyway? Maybe each $ is a quarter? If $$$$ = full tuition, then I've been offered a little less than $$ at Yale, which is cool, but, still, who can afford that shit?! :) :) Congrats all!

Mar 10, 17 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
mm09

Congrats to you too.

Mar 14, 17 6:45 am  · 
 · 
mattgehm

Final update; accepted to Harvard, Cornell, Columbia, UCLA and waitlisted at MiT 

Got the MiT email about an hour ago. 

Mar 10, 17 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

M.arch I or II?

Mar 10, 17 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

II

Mar 10, 17 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Morpho

same situation ! in GSD, Cornell, Columbia, waitlisted MIT (computation)

Mar 10, 17 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

wow, small world I was going for computation as well for MIT. What are your thoughts on the waitlist? It seems a bit loaded in that most schools require a response of acceptance or otherwise by the 15th of April and MIT states that most waitlist decisions won't be released until after that date. Whats your top otherwise?

Mar 11, 17 4:57 am  · 
 · 
Morpho

Oh interesting ! for the waitlist, last year they accepted 0 applicant from the waitlist on a university level (insane!), so it is a very tough situation. My first choice is definitely MIT, and I do not think anyone who got accepted in the computation will deny the offer. It is a very small program (5 students on average). I am still waiting for UCL Bartlett response for their computation program. I will accept the waitlist and give it a try.

Mar 11, 17 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
mattgehm

I knew it was a small pool but 5 people is pretty insane. I was thinking about going to the open house since I'll be in boston for GSD but it seems a bit fruitless given the odds... hmm

Mar 14, 17 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Morpho

hope we will cross path, any news regarding the waitlist?

Mar 24, 17 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

Just received a call from Princeton for acceptance, financial information will come next week.

Mar 10, 17 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Bitter_lemon

Any updates on the website?

Mar 11, 17 5:01 am  · 
 · 
ii003

Congrats, you're on a roll! Seems like you're the only one they've accepted so far.... Anyone else hear anything yet?

Mar 14, 17 10:46 am  · 
 · 
ii003

Never mind, answered my own question -- just got the acceptance call from the dean as well!

Mar 14, 17 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
Bitter_lemon

Just got an email. Waitlisted...

Mar 14, 17 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

I got into USC M.Arch 1 [advanced standing] !!

with merit scholarship!

still waiting on SCI-ARC and Princeton... 

Mar 11, 17 7:43 am  · 
 · 
gayathreesinghal

Which one did u end up accepting? How is usc ?? I have applied there this year

Jan 23, 18 4:44 am  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Can't handle this MIT and Princeton wait anymore! Already waiting for the worse...

Mar 11, 17 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Bitter_lemon

Same here. So bored :/

Mar 11, 17 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Koop

Looks like things are wrapping up after an anxious couple of weeks!

In at Rice ($$$$), UCLA ($$$), UTSoA (??), RISD ($$), UWash ($$$)

Waitlisted at YSoA.

I'm waiting to make a decision until I have visited each program, although Rice's offer will be tough to beat.

All M.Arch I. Very excited to get after it this fall.

Mar 11, 17 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
JCano

How did UCLA notify you regarding your scholarship offer?

Mar 11, 17 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Koop

The offer was included in my admissions letter, and I received a call from the Associate Dean.

Mar 11, 17 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

- 21/m/
- b.s arch Universty of idaho
- GPA3.3
- GRELiteraly the average perticle on all three parts 

Letter of recommendations - Employer or Arch firm/ @ proffesors, both who I had for studio and TAed for

Portfolio https://issuu.com/calebehly/docs/caleb_ehly_large.compressed

Thought this was a stronger part of my application, but later realized I should of shown alot more process and models.

Schools GSD, Yale, Columbia, UPENN, Syracuse, CCNY,UCB, Tampere(Finland exchange program with my Undergrad school)

-Accepted Columbia(15k), Upenn(still waiting on aid, but hopefull!) CCNY

-Denied Gsd, Yale, both of these I think I could of made it if I had revamped some portfolio stuff.

Mar 11, 17 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

Also, any input between Columbia vs Penn, I understand they both have some different theoretical approaches.I will be attending most likely Penn's open house, and visiting the rest of the schools while im back east. Also, has anyone been able to leverage more aid from Columbia( I have heard Columbia is firm on their offer) or Penn?

Mar 11, 17 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
ML17

Congrats on your acceptances! Your portfolio is honestly amazing! Penn's posting financial info tomorrow, best of luck!

Mar 13, 17 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

Thanks man! I woke up to and email from Penn this morning....only for that info! Hopefully its all good for everyone!

Mar 13, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
starsailors

MIT is sending results!

Mar 13, 17 9:38 am  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Omg! By email?

Mar 13, 17 11:32 am  · 
 · 
starsailors

Yes, I just got an email. They said package will come.

Mar 13, 17 11:40 am  · 
 · 
JCano

Ugh still nothing :(

Mar 13, 17 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
isms

Same, still nothing

Mar 13, 17 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
pikmegankhunakridatikarn

Still nothing.....

Mar 13, 17 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
zziz

Still nothing

Mar 13, 17 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
isms

This wait tho :|

Mar 16, 17 9:45 am  · 
 · 
camilahhb

In at Rice (option 3). Full tuition! 

Mar 13, 17 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

nice!

Mar 14, 17 12:21 am  · 
 · 
Meowkins

Wow!! Congratulatios! Thats amazing! Can I ask if you are a domestic or international student?

Mar 14, 17 4:46 am  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Internacional!

Mar 14, 17 11:01 am  · 
 · 
Meowkins

Thats really amazing! Congratulations!! :)

Mar 15, 17 12:48 am  · 
 · 
TED

"As is tradition every year, applicants for the Class of 2021 will receive their acceptance letters today, 3/14, on ."

Mar 14, 17 10:53 am  · 
 · 
kjkaos

What does that mean? Did you get an acceptance email stating that?

Mar 14, 17 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
JCano

Another reason why they are the best

Mar 14, 17 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
kjkaos

I'm not sure with the blizzard going on in Boston that anybody is gonna hear anything.

Mar 14, 17 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Nightingale

This is for undergrads, it probably doesn't mean much for us.

Mar 14, 17 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
TED

PiDay. -- google it - 3/14 (March 14th) 3.14159265358

Mar 14, 17 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
TED's comment has been hidden
TED

PiDay. -- google it -

3/14 (March 14th)

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609433057270365759591953092186117381932611793105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949129833673362440656643086021394946395224737190702179860943702770539217176293176752384674818467669405132000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901224953430146549585371050792279689258923542019956112129021960864034418159813629774771309960518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318595024459455346908302642522308253344685035261931188171010003137838752886587533208381420617177669147303598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957781857780532171226806613001927876611195909216420198938095257201065485863278865936153381827968230301952035301852968995773622599413891249721775283479131515574857242454150695950829533116861727855889075098381754637464939319255060400927701671139009848824012858361603563707660104710181942955596198946767837449448255379774726847104047534646208046684259069491293313677028989152104752162056966024058038150193511253382430035587640247496473263914199272604269922796782354781636009341721641219924586315030286182974555706749838505494588586926995690927210797509302955321165344987202755960236480665499119881834797753566369807426542527862551818417574672890977772793800081647060016145249192173217214772350141441973568548161361157352552133475741849468438523323907394143334547762416862518983569485562099219222184272550254256887671790494601653466804988627232791786085784383827967976681454100953883786360950680064225125205117392984896084128488626945604241965285022210661186306744278622039194945047123713786960956364371917287467764657573962413890865832645995813390478027590099465764078951269468398352595709825822620522489407726719478268482601476990902640136394437455305068203496252451749399651431429809190659250937221696461515709858387410597885959772975498930161753928468138268683868942774155991855925245953959431049972524680845987273644695848653836736222626099124608051243884390451244136549762780797715691435997700129616089441694868555848406353422072225828488648158456028506016842739452267467678895252138522549954666727823986456596116354886230577456498035593634568174324112515076069479451096596094025228879710893145669136867228748940560101503308617928680920874760917824938589009714909675985261365549781893129784821682998948722658804857564014270477555132379641451523746234364542858444795265867821051141354735739523113427166102135969536231442952484937187110145765403590279934403742007310578539062198387447808478489683321445713868751943506430218453191048481005370614680674919278191197939952061419663428754440643745123718192179998391015919561814675142691239748940907186494231961567945208095146550225231603881930142093762137855956638937787083039069792077346722182562599661501421503068038447734549202605414665925201497442850732518666002132434088190710486331734649651453905796268561005508106658796998163574736384052571459102897064140110971206280439039759515677157700420337869936007230558763176359421873125147120532928191826186125867321579198414848829164470609575270695722091756711672291098169091528017350671274858322287183520935396572512108357915136988209144421006751033467110314126711136990865851639831501970165151168517143765761835155650884909989859982387345528331635507647918535893226185489632132933089857064204675259070915481416549859461637180270981994309924488957571282890592323326097299712084433573265489382391193259746366730583604142813883032038249037589852437441702913276561809377344403070746921120191302033038019762110110044929321516084244485963766983895228684783123552658213144957685726243344189303968642624341077322697802807318915441101044682325271620105265227211166039666557309254711055785376346682065310989652691862056476931257058635662018558100729360659876486117910453348850346113657686753249441668039626579787718556084552965412665408530614344431858676975145661406800700237877659134401712749470420562230538994561314071127000407854733269939081454664645880797270826683063432858785698305235808933065757406795457163775254202114955761581400250126228594130216471550979259230990796547376125517656751357517829666454779174501129961489030463994713296210734043751895735961458901938971311179042978285647503203198691514028708085990480109412147221317947647772622414254854540332157185306142288137585043063321751829798662237172159160771669254748738986654949450114654062843366393790039769265672146385306736096571209180763832716641627488880078692560290228472104031721186082041900042296617119637792133757511495950156604963186294726547364252308177036751590673502350728354056704038674351362222477158915049530984448933309634087807693259939780541934144737744184263129860809988868741326047215695162396586457302163159819319516735381297416772947867242292465436680098067692823828068996400482435403701416314965897940924323789690706977942236250822168895738379862300159377647165122893578601588161755782973523344604281512627203734314653197777416031990665541876397929334419521541341899485444734567383162499341913181480927777103863877343177207545654532207770921201905166096280490926360197598828161332316663652861932668633606273567630354477628035045077723554710585954870279081435624014517180624643626794561275318134078330336254232783944975382437205835311477119926063813346776879695970309833913077109870408591337464144282277263465947047458784778720192771528073176790770715721344473060570073349243693113835049316312840425121925651798069411352801314701304781643788518529092854520116583934196562134914341595625865865570552690496520985803385072242648293972858478316305777756068887644624824685792603953527734803048029005876075825104747091643961362676044925627420420832085661190625454337213153595845068772460290161876679524061634252257719542916299193064553779914037340432875262888963995879475729174642635745525407909145135711136941091193932519107602082520261879853188770584297259167781314969900901921169717372784768472686084900337702424291651300500516832336435038951702989392233451722013812806965011784408745196012122859937162313017114448464090389064495444006198690754851602632750529834918740786680881833

Mar 14, 17 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
banedilbi

Did anyone hear back from MIT for SMarchs today?

Mar 14, 17 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Nops, this wait sucks!

Mar 14, 17 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
kjkaos

Still waiting! I think the snowstorm is slowing them done, but this is the worst! I'm waiting for MArch... not much hope :(

Mar 15, 17 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Denied at Princeton :( 

Mar 14, 17 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
zs_47

same

Mar 14, 17 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

waitlisted

Mar 14, 17 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

Me too

Mar 16, 17 8:00 am  · 
 · 
frigidstars

Waitlisted at University of Washington 

Mar 14, 17 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
Bitter_lemon

Just a general question: what are the chances of getting scholarships if you eventually get accepted from a waitlist?

Mar 14, 17 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

With Princeton's email and funding information my final results are: 

- 29 / M / US
B.Arch 2014
GPA 3.67
- I don't think any school cares about GRE scores
Schools:

Applied: Harvard, MIT, Princeton

Accepted: Harvard M.Arch 2(Dean's Scholarship + Financial Grant), MIT SMARCHS(Full Tuition Scholarship plus Living Stipend), Princeton M.Arch 2(Princeton Graduate Fellowship + Stipend)

- Final Decision : MIT (Their funding made the decision pretty easy, I don't need more debt - furthermore the opportunities within MIT seem to offer the most potential in the areas I am interested in)

I applied last year to Princeton, Yale and Harvard (all M.Arch 2) and while I was accepted to all I decided to decline the admissions and take a new job opportunity that arose between application deadlines and the decision letters, this year I added MIT SMARCHS to my list and chose to not apply to Yale. 

Mar 14, 17 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Vibration

Congratulations on the success of your applications.

Where did you earn your B. Arch degree?

And why did you choose to not apply to Yale?

Mar 14, 17 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

Thanks. Nothing against Yale, I think Yale has a very good all around M.Arch 2 program - in my opinion, it seems to be better than Harvard's (smaller acceptance and a higher quality of student talent and student work)... I decided to focus on only school's I would attend. With MIT and Princeton, I was drawn to their respective programs, I chose to apply to Harvard over Yale simply due to the location and access to MIT curriculum due to their agreement.

Mar 14, 17 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Hey, congratulations on your success! May I ask you something (probably again)?! Wich program have you applied on MIT? I applied to smarchs architecture and urbanism and haven't heard anything yet! 

Mar 14, 17 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

Hey, it was the SMARCHS AD program

Mar 14, 17 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Congrats - great school!

Mar 15, 17 5:35 am  · 
 · 
archiitex

22 / B.S. in Architectural Studies

GPA: 3.92/4.0

GRE: 159V 151Q 3.5W

Applied: Harvard, Yale, Rice

Out: Harvard

In: Yale - 3 Year MArch1 ($$$), Rice - 3.5 Year MArch1 ($$)

So I have to make a decision between Yale and Rice. Proportionally with  financial aid and the amount of tuition/time I'll come out paying about the same for either one (still pretty expensive). Does anyone have enough knowledge on both to compare the two of them? I've been told that Rice is more theory driven, while Yale is more building driven.

Mar 14, 17 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
M_ARCHhopeful

Hey, when did you hear about M.Arch I financial aid info? and was it via email?

Mar 14, 17 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
archiitex

Yes, the physical mail still has not reached me even though they said that they sent it, but I just sent an email inquiring about it and they sent an email with a scanned copy of the letter.

Mar 14, 17 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
media-ns

This may sound shallow, but there is a value in the name. This is especially true if you want to work abroad or go into teaching. The name of Yale will have a higher likelihood of paying dividends on the investment, especially if they will cost you about the same.

Mar 14, 17 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
ANNIE017

@ media-ns Hi,I would like your advice and opinions on which college to opt for M.arch II.I got accepted in Yale,Cornell and SCI-ARC.But now I am in a fix as to which one to finalise.please help

Apr 3, 17 5:16 am  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

Has anyone heard from Parsons?

Mar 15, 17 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

I got nothing and am still waiting :( I called them and got really vague response. they said the decision has been sending out since Feb.28th on a rolling base. Feel like just need to wait.

Mar 15, 17 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

Hope they get back to us soon I want to weigh all of my options and every other school got back to me.

Mar 16, 17 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

Just heard back. Admitted with 35% tuition Dean's scholarship.

Mar 17, 17 8:17 am  · 
 · 
connect.12

Got an email in middle of the night instructing me to login and check my application status. admitted with 20% tuition. Bout time

Mar 17, 17 9:07 am  · 
 · 
ML17

Looking for insight: I got a 20k scholarship to Penn, but it was my 5th choice so would it be better to go or apply again after I get experience?

Can a Harvard or Yale degree help you more career-wise than a degree from Penn? Is the risk of not getting accepted later on worth it?

Any advice helps!

Mar 16, 17 9:41 am  · 
 · 
calebehly

what did the others offer you? I'm assuming less or didn't get accepted? Penn is defiantly still a good school, and has the same connections as the other, Im in the same situation, got 15k from Penn (which is no were near enough), so unless i can get more money ill probably end up at Syracuse (still excited!) then do a m.arch 2 or m.s later down the road.(Im interested in Academia)

Mar 16, 17 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
ML17

I didn't get in anywhere else, but I'm straight out of college so I think I just lack experience. Isn't Penn notorious for not giving big scholarships though?

Mar 16, 17 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

Idk, im fresh out also,which im starting to realize its not good for the scholarship game. Idk Penn actually covered the rest of their cost with loans support....Columbia (which i got the same amount in scholarship) didn't even cover half their tuition with loans.....Penn is still a super good school, if your able to pay for it, why not!

Mar 16, 17 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
htxcow

Were these merit or financial scholarships, or were you able to tell?

Mar 16, 17 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
ML17

It didn't say, but given my circumstances I don't think it was financial.

Mar 16, 17 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

they were merit, they were in my acceptance letters.

Mar 16, 17 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

I haven't heard anything from MIT yet....

I applied to SMArchS Urbanism What shall I expect :)

Mar 16, 17 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
banedilbi

Me neither(also arch & urbanism)! This wait is killing me... I've been checking my email every 10 minutes

Mar 16, 17 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

Me neither, all of the other programs revealed I guess, it's stressful than ever...

Mar 16, 17 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

I cannot believe that they sent all the results already. Only few people posted.. at least here and on gradcafe .. But this is driving me insane seriously....

Mar 16, 17 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

They only released a few decisions. Idk what to expect! It seems like the competition is high! I'm hoping for the best, because I've had really good acceptances till now. Did you apply to other schools?

Mar 16, 17 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

Yes I did but it is my first choice and it is the most convenient in many ways so I'm really counting on it... ugh It's crazy to think that I might have to wait until April 1 !! I'm unproductive and stressed all the time.

Mar 16, 17 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

I fully understand ! It is also my first choice and i'm dying here with this wait. A friend that got in in 2015 told me that they only called her around march 20th...

Mar 16, 17 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

Yeah I noticed from gradcafe that some people got the admission letters by the end of March but it wasn't the case last year.. Let's see what happens ...

Mar 17, 17 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: