Archinect
anchor

2017 STATS, DECISIONS, FINAL RESULTS, & MORE...

Tabata

Yes I did but it is my first choice and it is the most convenient in many ways so I'm really counting on it... ugh It's crazy to think that I might have to wait until April 1 !! I'm unproductive and stressed all the time.

Mar 16, 17 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
connect.12

Literally just got the call from SCI-Arc admissions to notify me of my acceptance, with the official package to be mailed out tomorrow. So thrilled!

Mar 16, 17 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
kjkaos

Same here! So excited! Did they mention anything about scholarships to you?

Mar 16, 17 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

C ongrats! Which program? I applied to the post-professional in design of cities and I'm still waiting!

Mar 16, 17 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
kjkaos

I got into MArch I, hoping for Advanced Standing. I hope you get good news soon!

Mar 16, 17 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
connect.12

Hoping for advanced standing in m.arch 1 as well. They said scholarship/financial aid information will be contained in the package tomorrow

Mar 16, 17 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
architectkim

There is no advanced standing in MArch I at Sci-Arc last time I checked...

Mar 16, 17 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
kjkaos

I discussed this with the admissions office earlier on - it depends on the student, and if you have a pre professional degree, as I do. I tried to apply to MArch II, but they said I should apply for MArch I and they could give me advanced standing/excuse me from certain classes

Mar 16, 17 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
connect.12

same here

Mar 16, 17 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

Denied at MIT. Very disappointing! 

Mar 17, 17 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
isms

likewise :( the long wait just made rejection hurt more tbh

Mar 17, 17 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
banedilbi

Me too :( it did ^

Mar 17, 17 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

Same, just curious about their expectation...

Mar 17, 17 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

same here....

Mar 17, 17 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
iiiooo

Did anyone receive mostly rejections? To my surprise, I was only admitted to my "safe" schools. I guess I wasn't as strong of an applicant that I thought. 

Mar 17, 17 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

Yeah same here haha.... I got admitted to 2 and the rest were rejections. I was surprised to be honest.

Mar 17, 17 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

admitted to 6, rejected at MIT and Princeton.

Mar 17, 17 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

Congrats Camila! Did you decide where are you going? I need to do some yoga now and get over MIT. So happy the wait is over.

Mar 17, 17 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

For sure! I really wanna go to GSD, but i can't afford it. They called me and told me they are open for negociation. Rice offered me full tuition, but I don't like their program. So for now, I'll go to the GSD open house and try to negociate, if I don't get to a good deal, I'll end up at Rice.

Mar 17, 17 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Tabata

I really hope GSD works out for you. All the best.

Mar 17, 17 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

I just applied to MIT, Columbia, Princeton, AA and Bartlett. Rejected at MIT , waitlisted at Princeton and still waiting from Bartlett. Just curious, how is your professional backgrounds? Maybe I should work for a year than apply again to MIT.

Mar 17, 17 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

How do you plan on negotiation, you obviously have a full ride from another school to wager, but what is your approach ?

Mar 17, 17 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
camilahhb

They called me and told me they would find for me to go there if I really wanted to go. Maybe this way is cheap loan, which i wouldn't accept. I interned in 4 offices during undergraduate years and one of them was Machado and Silvetti Associates, really well know in the east cost.The other ones were in Brazil.

Mar 17, 17 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

I am international, my government has special scholarships for MIT students. Columbia doesnt give any aid for int., AA (drl) will announce its bursary at the end of March. Idk if Princeton gives any scholarships for waitlisted students, still I can try to negotiate. I am recent graduate actually and attended so many short courses and workshops in AA and Bartlett while studying undergrad. I will have an internship for the next three months in Spain in a quite known firm. I have job opportunities in my country but I want to live in US or in UK. MIT was my first choice and I am a bit disappointed. So very confused right now...

Mar 17, 17 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
yogihj 12

Rgneee

Congrats! If you don't mind, who did call from GSD? 

Mar 26, 17 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
eddace

Has anyone heard from Berkeley? I received a "Brief admittance notification" on March 8th but nothing ever since, they were supposed to send official email on Monday 13th but I haven´t got anything yet.

Mar 18, 17 12:11 am  · 
 · 
architectkim

Wait list = Rejection ? 

I have been waitlisted at 2 schools, and i am considering them as rejections. How do they normally work out?

Mar 18, 17 9:17 am  · 
 · 
Bitter_lemon

Wanna know as well. Also no chance of getting scholarships yea?

Mar 18, 17 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rgneee

I was on waitlist for Princeton and 2 days ago got accepted with Princeton Graduate Fellowship + Stipend.

Apr 15, 17 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
toomuchtuna

When is everyone planning to begin negotiating financial aid?  Is the best plan to ask as soon as possible?

Mar 19, 17 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

wondering the same thing....

Mar 19, 17 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
arjeny

wondering if it's better to negotiate through email or at open house

Mar 20, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
yesyesyoll

where should I negotiate financial aid with? admission office? m.arch department? financial aid office? 

Mar 21, 17 10:30 am  · 
 · 
ii003

same question.

Mar 21, 17 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Aprism

I'm thinking through the department? On my scholarship offer is says, "USC School of Architecture Scholarship" So I assume through them

Mar 21, 17 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
isms

Finally got the call from SCI-Arc. They let me know they'll be sending out official acceptance letters and other documentation sometime over the next week.  

Mar 23, 17 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Looking for M.Arch/MUP for Fall 2017. Following are the acceptances to both programs.

SUNY Buffalo (Concurrent) - Scholarship of $5000 combined. Can apply for Assistantship.

UW Milwaukee (Concurrent) - Applied for Assistantship and Scholarship. Will know by Mid-April.

UIUC (Joint) - No funding from Planning. Applied for Scholarship, Fellowship and Assistantship with Architecture.

Is UIUC the choice by default? Any idea what the prospects are of funding and employment on campus?

Mar 28, 17 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Ruili8

Any international student heard back from University of Toronto? The wait is too long!

Mar 28, 17 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Suppu

Has anyone heard back from UCLA Suprastudio? 

Also, the mail saying, 'We have recommended to you to ABC SupraStudio...' is a confirmed yet unofficial acceptance is it?

Mar 29, 17 8:30 am  · 
 · 
mattgehm

I watched a web seminar with one of the professors and they said that its pretty much guaranteed that your accepted if they recommend you. I think its more formality than anything.

Mar 29, 17 10:23 am  · 
 · 
Suppu

Thank you mattgehm!

Mar 29, 17 10:49 am  · 
 · 
borispmchan

Anyone heard a thing from Calgary? Really desperate :(

Mar 29, 17 9:20 am  · 
 · 
architectkim

Deciding between

Sci-Arc MArch II
PennDesign AAD
AA DRL

I am pursuing digital architecture, and all of these institutions are great...

Any advice is appreciated.

Apr 2, 17 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Seems sci-arc is pretty easy to get into with all these posts. Are they in desperate need for more benjamins?

Apr 2, 17 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
TED

competition is tough - many proper universities have established research and streams to funding -

Apr 3, 17 3:33 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

I'm evidently uninformed about the ongoings of institute fundings, so why doesn't sci-arc follow suit and adopt the means of traditional tertiary institutes?

Apr 3, 17 8:52 am  · 
 · 
architectkim

May I ask what you are basing this on? If you see accepted students post a lot, then it's easy to get into?

Apr 4, 17 4:56 am  · 
 · 
ANNIE017

Hi,I would like your advice and opinions on which college to opt for M.arch II.I got accepted in Yale,Cornell and SCI-ARC..But now I am in a fix as to which one to finalise.please help 

Apr 3, 17 5:12 am  · 
 · 
JCano

Anyone go to Michigan and Penn's open house and having a hard time deciding? I seriously don't know what I am going to do!

Apr 6, 17 2:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: