Archinect
anchor

faucets

mespellrong

ok, admittedly a minor issue, but I have to replace the faucets in my kitchen less than three years after they were installed, because they are made out of tin foil and designed by someone who has never installed a faucet. So what are your go-to choices? I'm particularly interested in what you have lived with yourself, because I'm working on the budget of an architect.

Dec 6, 16 9:30 pm
shellarchitect

Delta, a little more expensive than some, but lifetime warranty. My dad had 20 year old faucets replaced by them a couple years ago.

Dec 6, 16 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Spend more money to get good quality from delta or ghrohe is also a good option. Buy from somewhere other than a big box store-most of those are junk regardless of brand.
Dec 9, 16 8:05 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Every plumber I have worked with prefers installing Kohler products when possible. I currently have Grohe and have been happy with it, though I had to drill out the flow limiter because it's intended for high-pressure city systems, not well pumps.

Dec 9, 16 8:36 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Hansgrohe uses (or did last I specified them) all brass cartridges, not plastic or other lesser materials. This makes a ton of difference in longevity. The action on the faucet handles and such is of a noticeably higher quality, too. No wiggling, wobbling, or leaking.

Dec 9, 16 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

remodel your kitchen.  makes no sense to put a $2000 faucet in a $5000 kitchen.

joking - but this is my thought process when I look at doing minor fixes - balance out when you are spending a bunch of money on something that will get thrown away when you decide to do the big project eventually....  you could just get the $80 one a home depot for now....

Dec 9, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I uninstalled my expensive faucet and replaced it with a cheap one before I put my house on the market. 

Dec 10, 16 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
We use a lot of Moen and haven't had much issue. Good mix of reliability and cost.
Dec 11, 16 12:24 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

My rule of thumb is to replace anything in the house with equal or better quality and to avoid anything made in China. With some manufacturers possibly having a cheap line made in China, you have to look at the box before buying.

Dec 11, 16 8:13 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I need to replace my faucet too. The old one is probably 30 years old and still works but is grimey and has an ugly white coating that is chippped. It is an American Standard.

Dec 11, 16 11:12 am  · 
 · 
TammyMansour

Hiring your professional plumber to install or replace the faucet can save time and money rather than doing it yourself.

Dec 19, 16 1:35 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

When has hiring a plumber for a simple task
been cheaper then diy?

May 4, 17 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Replaced a grohe brass cartridge a bathroom sink today, $40! A little sticker shock as a Delta is 1/4 of that.

My grohe kitchen faucet is also dripping, that is going to be somewhere between $50 and $100, just for the cartridge!

May 4, 17 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

I have a Vola kitchen faucet and I wouldn't want anything else. For kitchens  for other people if not Vola I usually put in either Dornbracht or KWC faucets. On low budget projects Phylrich is a good option and they make everything in the U.S.A. which is nice. 

May 5, 17 10:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: