Archinect
anchor

Time to revamp my résumé

hectikart

I haven't updated my resume in about 4 years and I think it's time for a revamp. My current resume is very dated. It's very simple, produced in word. I was considering creating more of a "designed" resume...something produced with indesign. Right now I'm leaning towards leaving the design and graphics to my portfolio, and keeping the resume simple...maybe use the same fonts and a few subtle design elements of my portfolio in the resume so they compliment one another. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I also need to update a lot of the information on my resume. The last time it was updated I was an intern architect, I'm now licensed. I feel like a lot of the skills I had previously listed like performing tasks related to planning, SD, CD's, and CA can be omitted, since it is implied that a licensed architect should be able to perform all phases of design. I'm thinking my new resume will have a professional summary and certifications, followed by my education, a section containing the types of projects I have worked on and specific areas of expertise. Next, a list of computer programs I am proficient in. Finally, work experience containing places of employment, dates employed, and position. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? Any additional suggestions for what info I should have on my professional resume?

Thanks!

Sep 5, 16 12:07 am
thisisnotmyname

You are on the right track.  The resume should relate graphically to the portfolio.  It shows attention to detail.  The proposed resume content sounds complete and appropriate.

Sep 5, 16 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
hectikart

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it. 

Sep 9, 16 12:04 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

This link should give you some ideas http://www.archdaily.com/793375/the-top-architecture-resume-cv-designs/

Sep 9, 16 8:37 am  · 
 · 
tduds

I figure I can give up any hope of anonymity here, since coming above-ground might help with the networking thing. As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm back on the job hunt. Just did an update of my resume and I'm pretty damn happy with it. So rather than start a new thread, I'll leave it here as an example of a resume that's worked well in the past.

https://issuu.com/timdudley/docs/2016_resume

Sep 9, 16 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: