Archinect
anchor

Portfolio advice on returning to field

Anaseed

Hello All, So, 7 years ago I stepped away from my career as an interior architect in a large firm with multiple projects and roles under my belt. I moved from the east coast to the west coast to focus on raising my Family. I am ready to return to the field which brought me so many great, adventurous challenges in my early career. I am just starting to map out what this next step will look like, and how to return to reach my ultimate goals in future. CV is in order, networking avenues need to be worked on in a new climate, in the process of pulling together references from past career, plus those that I have met in my volunteer roles in the past 7 years (non architecturally related). However, my biggest challenge is, in those seven years, my portfolio has been lost in the process. I guess I'm looking most for advice on how to approach this, or if my work from that many years ago would even be relevant at this stage. Trying to reach out to contacts that might assist in piecing together any semblance of the body of work I had amassed in 9 years of corporate work, and 2 of non profit work, but not making much headway. Just for context, my ncarb record is all in order, and I will be sitting for ARE in the next year or two after returning to work. I'm THAT close to getting back to doing what I set out to pursue as my lifelong career. Constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 4, 16 1:57 pm

in my view, recommendation letters from your previous immediate supervisors would be more relevant than any folios since you are not new to the game.

Jul 4, 16 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Anaseed

Thank you for your feedback Leandro!

Jul 5, 16 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: