Archinect
anchor

Website/Portfolio critique!

yEAh

Hello! Pls. critique my portfolio/website. I'm still changing the content from time to time depending on whoever I send it to/geared towards to. In good faith, hopefully I can receive constructive criticism to improve my portfolio. This is for employment, not for uni. 

I have reservations and on the fence on how I display some items, but I would like to hear people's thoughts first. : )

Link is http://ealarilla.portfoliobox.me

Apr 6, 16 5:55 pm
lenavera

Personally, I think a website is fine, but you should have a normal PDF portfolio or a portfolio on Issuu for an employer. 

As far as the website goes, I don't think the first page is very compelling. I would do something different. 

The content is fine. Just continue to grow and learn through your education. Research other portfolios and see how people make their stuff. Experiment. Learn from others. 

Apr 6, 16 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
lacalr

I would suggest cutting down on images and refining certain ones so there is more of a hierarchy. Especially in the "professional work" section.  I might also include a resume or CV on the site. 

I do like the images, but when there are so many of them they tend to lose value in my opinion. 

Apr 6, 16 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
yEAh

@lenavera,

Can you please elaborate regarding your comment on the front page? What about it that is not compelling. I also have a PDF version of my portfolio, having the same content and that's the one I send to them during application. This is mainly for prospective job applications because I don't want to send a big file that most servers would just not accept.

@lacalr,

Yeah, the number of images bug me too. I have tried to trim down most of it but it's just that there's a lot of features or highlights on the project I want to be shown and I don't want a lot of pages too so I put everything in layouts. I used to have single images on the website instead of the layout pages and I think the previous one works better. I just have a problem with the website's capacity! : ( 

Apr 7, 16 9:41 am  · 
 · 
yEAh

Hey guys! I updated my website. Pls. let me know what you think and where I can improve. Thanks!

Apr 11, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

The S house , L house, C house disturbingly looks like Ed Calma's work (down to the door handle profile, stair stringer & finishes selection).  Classify whether these works are "rendering works" or your own architectural work.

There is a disconnect between the spaces/architecture produced, like its formulated by multiple architects (some like hani rashid, some like peter pran).  The only connection between them are the manner of rendering.

You might want to add sketches, thought processes and quirky details to create a story and not just an abrupt end product.

Apr 11, 16 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
yEAh

Hello Leandro!

It's not disturbing as I have worked in LCP for a couple of years! If you check out the info section of each project, the company/firm is indicated properly. In all the projects I have featured, I was a designer. I do not have any renderings for other people. These are my projects or projects that I have handled/designed.

I was trying to showcase the versatility of my design abilities irregardless of the aesthetic quality. If you check out the other projects enough (Yugen, Gutai restaurant) they have sketches and narratives.

Anyway, thanks for the review

Apr 11, 16 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: