Archinect
anchor

windows 10/ acad shutting down

ec-dd

Hi all,

As some of us know, windows 10 is not friendly with AutoCAD or Draftsight.  I am a drafter who regularly uses Draftsight, and find that Draftsight is shutting down constantly because it is not compatible with the OS.  From reading, I found out AutoCAD has this issue as well with windows 10.  My question is about virtual machines.  Does anyone have successful experience using a virtual machine with windows 7 on windows 10 to get around the constant shutting down issue?  If not, is there something else I can do?

The constant shutting down did not happen until I upgraded to 10.

Thank you  in advance  :)

Feb 25, 16 11:53 am

I haven't seen this issue. At lease not as described above and I have Windows 10.

Make sure you have Autocad autosave set to save regularly in YOUR case.

Mar 2, 16 2:30 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

No issue whatsoever with CAD on a Windows 10 machine.

Mar 2, 16 8:54 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

It seems that the Autocad problem with Windows 10 is rare, but it is real. A former colleague of mine often works from home and upgraded both his identical home and office machines to Windows 10. His Autocad Architecture 2010 works fine on his office machine but won't work at all on his home machine. I'm afraid to upgrade until this issue is resolved.

As for the actual question in the OP, I don't have experience doing that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

Mar 2, 16 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: