Archinect
anchor

Bjarke Ingels Diagrams

alejoz23

Does anyone knows which software is used to make those diagrams they do at Bjarke Ingels Group?

Feb 17, 16 11:32 pm
archanonymous

they are fairly complex, but a common workflow for high quality diagrams is Rhino > V-Ray and Rhino > Make2d > Illustrator. Then overlay the linework on a clay rendering, add color, adjust lineweights, add arrows, graphics, etc... 

Feb 17, 16 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Lmao just Model in anything switch to a cartoony/shaded view > render it or just export and then touch up in illustrator or Photoshop.

If you feel daring just do it straight in illustrator or photoshop.

Feb 18, 16 1:36 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

guys take this to the next level and go Zaha, make the masses of the diagrams slightly transparent and highly reflective

Feb 18, 16 6:40 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

go full retard and collage photos into your diagrams.

Feb 18, 16 8:35 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

PUT A BIRD ON IT!

Feb 18, 16 9:41 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

and transparent people.

Feb 18, 16 10:51 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

transparent silhoutte people

Feb 18, 16 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

i hear they code their own software so all they have to do it press the 'Diagram' button and viola.. Its ready in a minute.  Learn to code xD

Feb 18, 16 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

The amazing thing is that they're actually all hand-drawn. Very, very carefully.

Feb 18, 16 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

I've been out of school for a few years, haven't seen a diagram since then, so I just googled "bjarke ingels diagrams" suddenly it was all so clear why clients don't think architects actually do anything.  

Feb 18, 16 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

show the results damnit

Feb 18, 16 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

"We need more Arrows, lots of arrows." 

Now if they replaced those arrows with big red wankers it would be accurate. 

Feb 19, 16 9:58 am  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

Olaf, it was the second one where it suddenly was so clear.

Feb 19, 16 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Menona

archiwutm8 - you never... go full retard.

Feb 19, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 
zonker

I do all of that in Revit - and I have everything in the same file Concept,SD,DDCD, CA

Feb 19, 16 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Using mass?

Feb 19, 16 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
alejoz23

So if i have the model in revit can i actually give color in the 3D?

Mar 1, 16 11:27 am  · 
 · 
zonker

Coloring in Revit - sure with massing and color overrides on architectural elements - doing it now as I write this - the add annotations - it leaves more time for design than what BIG does with Rhino-Vray-illustrator

Mar 1, 16 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: