Archinect
anchor

Boston Firms

Hi all,

I am interviewing at a couple of firms in Boston and would love to hear local architect opinions about each one. I have 4 yrs experience, Revit lead at my last job, LEED AP, can do great renderings in max and put together presentations, am looking to grow in my CD, CA experience, am starting my AREs this upcoming yr.

Things I am looking for:

- Integrated design, collaborative, mentorship for someone who is learning how a building goes together

- great design, cutting edge programs + graphics (I like doing graphics but dont want to be pigeon holed, need client and CA experience)

- I have always worked in large firms, lean towards being the main office even if there are other offices worldwide, prefer public projects (have never worked on custom res), love an office that has a great social environment (happy hours, lunch and learns, etc)

Firms:

- Shepley Bulfinch

- TRO

- CBT

- studio Troika

Thanks!

Jul 24, 11 8:11 pm
medi

SBRA does some nice work - they did a alzheimers research building in my home town - absolutley gorgeous project.

Jul 25, 11 10:02 am  · 
 · 
jbushkey

isn't studio Troika in Malden?  It wasn't a bad town exactly, but has a somewhat industrial feel.  Good luck Rusty and be sure to mention you were cheering for the Bruins this year ;)

Jul 27, 11 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Just wanted to sound in and say I had nothing to do with this thread. I mean Boston, ew. 

Jul 27, 11 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
jplourde

Rusty!,  

You don't LOVE THAT DIRRRTY WATERRR!!!  ?

Jul 27, 11 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
walldrug

Apologies in advance for somewhat redirecting the conversation.

How's the job market in Boston? Are firms hiring? Firing? What sort of projects are firms getting? Is it an impossible place to get employed, as seems the case for Chicago?

Jul 28, 11 8:28 am  · 
 · 
jbushkey

Don't be hateful just because no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup since 1993.

Jul 28, 11 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: