Archinect
anchor

girl names

liberty bell

I'll have to paraphrase from Gone With The Wind here - the best days are the days when babies come.

yay yay yay and congratulations!!!!

Jun 2, 05 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
ether

awesome steven. congrats!

Jun 2, 05 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I guess it's too late to suggest Enola then...

Congrats!

Jun 2, 05 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

H

Jun 2, 05 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

lets try this again

How about Thalia Lichelle Ward

Damn too late - must be patient and scroll down next time

is this the first archinect baby, Paul?

Jun 2, 05 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
paris

what's with all the grandma names?

Jun 2, 05 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
paris

try something exotic and different that your child wouldn't hate you for it when she grows up. I mean can you imagine calling a 6 year old adele?

Jun 2, 05 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
rorei

We were all set to use Naomi, but we took one look at her and realized it was wrong, so our daughters first and middle name is Phoebe Morgan.
I recently saw a young girl named Elektra and liked it for her. I think it's fun now to consider different ideas, but you have to meet the baby to be cetain.
Rob

Jun 2, 05 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

paris is right about grandma names...but we decided we liked grandma names. in fact, it was a part of the discussion that popular names seem to be jumping back to those of two generations ago.

my great grandmother, a full cherokee, was addie love. not exactly where we got adeline, but it's nice that we're able to honor her obliquely nonetheless.

our near-second middle name was more on the exotic end than emerson. 'valencia' was my wife's and my favorite place when we were on our honeymoon in spain. adeline valencia seemed a little over the top in the end...

my general feeling about exotic names is that they might have a tendency to make your child "hate you for it".

Jun 2, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
paris

well by exotic I mean look into other cultures, look for names with meanings, I mean it's a pretty great thing to name your child after a loved one but at the same time it's great to give her a name which has a great meaning not just sounds snobby. might sound cheezy for you but look into old myths or stories I don't know just something that's different and not another john or mary or suzan!
believe it or not names are very important and they play a big role in ones confidence!

Jun 2, 05 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
paris

like a friend of mine just recently named her daughter kimia, it's actually pronounced keemeeya. it's and old persian name. it was the substance that had the scientists and chemists of the ancient time searching for, for centuries, it's the most valuable, the unattainable, it's mystical and romantic. and i think it sounds simple enough, now i'm not saying name her kimia it's just an example of what i'm trying to say!

Jun 2, 05 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
turbo

sha-ney-ney
shaquilla

Jun 2, 05 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

I like the boy-girl names... dunno why

Robin, Frances (Frankie), Josephine (Jo), Louise (Lou)

Jun 2, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

Did you know the female version of Wolfgang is Wolfhilde? Grrrrrrr!

Jun 2, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
ether

i love adeline. it's my great aunt's name.

Jun 2, 05 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

enigma malaise retro

Jun 2, 05 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Charity Olive Ward

Jun 2, 05 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

AH, we were talking about this at a party a little while ago. For a very feminine girl name i suggest Estrogen. (hey, dont look at me, michele thought of that one)

Jun 2, 05 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
geno

i can't believe no one has suggested:

shaniqua
clamydia
la fonda
champaigne

or, if she's gonna be an architect:

mental

Jun 2, 05 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Graham Torpid

(well if men can be called meredith...)

Jun 2, 05 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

congrats steve!!! montgomery is a good name

Jun 2, 05 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
sharpie.
www.bourn-hall-clinic.co.uk/images/balloons.gif

www.sandscripts.com/catalog/baby/gif/spinner.jpg

congratulations steven!! great moments ahead.. ;)

Jun 3, 05 3:02 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

my best friend and his wife named their newly-born daughter "Nina Quincy".

Jun 3, 05 5:07 am  · 
 · 
popeye

Morgan Stanley

Jun 3, 05 9:57 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite
http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

Incredibly cool flash site

Jun 3, 05 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
Archnrrrrd

I came across a girl once named SHITHEAD (pronounced shh-thade). I believe that the mother was expecting a problem child.

Jun 3, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

^^^ booo!

Jun 3, 05 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

My mother encountered twins named (no joke) Latitude and Longitude; and a friend works with twins called (no joke) Delegation and Conference.

Jun 4, 05 6:27 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

Rubella

Jun 4, 05 7:40 am  · 
 · 

that baby name voyager site is wild, FOG Lite. it's so fun, my wife and i tried the names of everybody in the family.

Jun 4, 05 8:31 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

Ruby x Ella = Rubella

Jun 4, 05 9:02 am  · 
 · 

we're back in the market for girl names again!

the contenders so far are:

elena, rosalyn, mikaela, milana, audrey, eloise, margot.

we also liked alexis, but it's too damn popular. and i don't really go for 'lexi'. 'x' would be fun.

no middle names really in play yet. seems like we're leaning toward elena, eloise, or margot (today).

Nov 7, 06 7:48 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

i like the name morgan. but seriously, autumn, summer, soleil, skye, lila..

Nov 7, 06 8:40 am  · 
 · 
morgan2sims

what's wrong with adeline emerson (the name)? if you like names with x how about axia?

Nov 7, 06 8:52 am  · 
 · 

we used that one. we got another on the way.

Nov 7, 06 9:07 am  · 
 · 
myriam

i like elena. but i warn you, as the second in a two-girl combo, please don't make their names too similar. trust me, this is important to future psychological development.

Nov 7, 06 9:37 am  · 
 · 

so adelaide is out? no analine, odeline, or adeleen?

Nov 7, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 
myriam

NO!!!!!

this can be a common problem i think, because the sounds that manage to please both parents for the first go-round are still the same sounds they get stuck on for the second. i think that's more ok for boys, but girls--especially duos--tend to be more... competitive, and desiring of a distinct identity. it's really rough when people are constantly confusing their names, or mixing up the syllables between them, or commenting, "oh that's so cute! are you girls TWINS??" which happens, ALL THE TIME, even when you are over 2 years apart in age. please trust me on this one. name her something just plain different from the other. she will thank you.

Nov 7, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
myriam

especially since she will most likely be following the older girl through school, and she will already be having teachers, etcetera who all say things like, "oh i had your sister! she was so great! are you like her??" on the first day of school, instead of letting you develop your own identity... etc. think of things like that.

Nov 7, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

Be careful with any name that starts with a 'M' unless, of course, you really like M. Ward

Someone stole the CD player with my new M.Ward CD in it...not happy.

Nov 7, 06 9:46 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Alkaline?

I agree with myriam. My whole life I was used to being called "Daa-onna" by my dad as he first started saying my sister's name. Although, perhaps that happens with all families?

Steven, re: our conversation Saturday about how this baby differs from Adeline, I'm going to propose "Cady". It means "simple happiness". I think simple is a nice word, and of course she will be happiness personified as all babies are.

Nov 7, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

I don't really mean "be careful" - I mean "Be cognizant that there is a performer/band called M. Ward"

Nov 7, 06 9:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh but niemeijer, you forget there was an original m. ward before this performer dude came along: montgomery himself

Nov 7, 06 9:52 am  · 
 · 
myriam

or as we called it back in the day, 'monkey ward'

Nov 7, 06 9:53 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

Well, that is true. Something for Steven to consider.

Nov 7, 06 9:56 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

If she is going to be a cheerleader:

Tiffany
Stacey

Nov 7, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
no analine, odeline, or adeleen?

analine sounds good...i like names with the -ine sound at the end...but it doesn't look good on paper because it has the word "anal" in it...not a good association...

Nov 7, 06 10:21 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

I'm not sure on spelling here but:

-Adina
-Amalia
-Angela

-Marioara (my girlfriends mothers name - Maria - looks interesting but when pronounced sounds like "muddy water" but with a Brooklyn accent)

-If you ever have a boy I like her fathers name, Severian - Sever = Sevy

Nov 7, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Nica

I still stuck on Emerson for a middle name...

Ida Emerson Ward...
Ada

Elle Ward
Cecilia Ward aka Ceci

Nov 7, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

You need something with a little bit of rhythm. I'm afraid something like Elle Ward is too simple, one-note....

I love the name Milana (from your list). I still love Sophia too, maybe that should be back in the running this time around? And I love that you used Emerson for the middle name for the first one. I'm a strong believer in middle names and I'm glad my parents didn't cop out on mine (Renee).

Ditto what myriam said about the similarity thing, I don't have siblings but have witnessed this phenomenon first hand.

Nov 7, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: