Archinect
anchor

recommendations: sustainable architecture books

cipyboy

... I just sold my book '' Sustainable Residential development" book by avi friedman,and  I am planning to buy the same type of book that caters to a broader building typology and by which, I could use as a handbook whenever I design buildings. 

any suggestions?

Jul 10, 11 7:22 pm
jmanganelli

Heating, Cooling, Lighting: Sustainable Design Methods for Architects by Norbert Lechner

Jul 10, 11 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

Environmental Performance of Tall Buildings: Great case Study analysis and critical review of environmental strategies for tall buildings.

A Handbook of Sustainable Design and Engineering Good general overview of strategies, process and technologies.

Energy Manual Technical German book but still quite general and covers passive strategies, materials and technologies.

Sun, Wind and Light  Essential book for most college level environmental design courses... good introduction to the basics of sustainable design.

Natural Ventilation in Buildings Good introduction to applying natural ventilation in buildings, but due to the nature of the subject, can be quite dry.

Let me know if you want more technical books getting into the building physics as these are the real gems of the specialty... but generally too dry for most people. Also let me know if you need more case study/survey books.

Jul 11, 11 5:55 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

This took a while, but, thank you so much Amy for the recommendations.. much appreciation

Oct 15, 13 11:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: