Archinect
anchor

Portfolio------->Tips?

ShakeyDeal

First year of grad school (M.LArch) almost done.  Getting portfolio prepared for internship fishing.  Any positively constructed criticism is much appreciated. Cheers!

http://issuu.com/aaronperspective/docs/portfolio_print_sm

Apr 28, 15 8:25 pm

Overall, nice portfolio. Things you could improve quickly:

• The first rendering is pretty well done. Very clean. Why is the rendering on page 9 in a different style? It is not as refined. Would recommend re-doing the rendering on page 9 in the same technique as the first. 
  • The bench project: i realized that I flipped through it and didnt see any actual images of the finished project. flipped back again and realized the finished project was on the first project page, but very stylized. try to bring the images of the final project a little more to the foreground in that cover page. too stylized to represent what the finished product actually looks like. 
  • the landscape + technology house: when you mentioned landscape technology, i was looking for SITES, LEED, LID, innovative materials, water harvesting, solar, wind, stuff like that. Instead with the project you are mimicking the form that a specific piece of technology looks like. I would rename the project so that the reviewer isn't looking for landscape technologies. 
  • photography in a portfolio: how do these photographs inform your approach to landscape architecture and design? would recommend framing them in the context of a project. I struggled with this as well, feel free to check out my MLA portfolio on my page for an attempt at this. photography is VERY common to see in portfolios for some reason, but it almost never actually has anything to do with a student's work or approach to landscpe architecture/design.
Apr 29, 15 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

Visually these are very pleasing. I've always liked landscape sections, they are very animated and colorful, something most architectural portfolios lacks.

I agree that the bench project deserves a better final image to tie it all together.

Even though your projects are rich in content, graphically the end lacks the same graphically language as the beginning. I know that not all project reaches that level of refinement. Could you possible rearrange the projects so that its more evenly distributed?

Apr 29, 15 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work, and glad to hear your feedback!  Its a work in progress.

Apr 30, 15 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: