Archinect
anchor

San Francisco Bay Area Environmental Design Firms

I am moving to San Francisco in about a month and have a MArch in Sustainable Enviornmental design from London. I am looking for architecture firms that integrate environmental design and research into their design process and have a pretty hardcore research group (similar to Cannon or Kieran Timberlake) OR Consulting firms that provide Environmental Design services and Building  performance engineering (similar to Atelier 10).

I am not really looking for places that just do LEED but rather have a more grounded perception of 'sustainability' and consider social, economic and environmental issues to be key design drviers.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated!

Jul 7, 11 10:46 am
jkershner2008

Loisos + Ubbelohde are a great energy modeling and sustainable design consulting firm in Alameda.  I'm not sure if they are hiring at the moment, but a great group of people to contact.

Jul 9, 11 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

we've worked with a MEP firm out there, Timmons Design Engineers, who would fit your description (other than the fact that they're not architects). Not sure it's the perfect fit, but they're a great group.

Jul 10, 11 9:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: