Archinect
anchor

What are you listening to?

MysteryMan

Album88 (WRAS-fm) had a kick axx set of Isaac Hayes. And yes, finally, some Curtis Mayfield.

Aug 20, 05 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

right this minute. black keys

Aug 20, 05 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it's saturday night so you know i listening to the bay city rollers!

Aug 20, 05 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y nite!!!

Aug 21, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

latcho drom soundtrack

Aug 21, 05 12:31 am  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

foo fighters' new album and marilyn manson greatest hits (lest we forget).

Aug 21, 05 12:42 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

latcho drom was an excellent flick

Aug 21, 05 12:45 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I just heard about [see below] and I will be getting the album listed below, just sounds too cool and too soothing.

Celso Fonseca -

Rive Gauche Rio

With this second international release, the seductive singer/guitarist Celso Fonseca (who has been a regular collaborator of such classic artists as Gilberto Gil, Marisa Monte and Caetano Veloso) continues to cement his reputation as one of the most exciting new voices in Brazilian music.

Rive Gauche Rio features nine new haunting compositions, two unusual covers (a reinterpretation of British singer-songwriter Damien Rice’s “Delicate”, a Portuguese version of French crooner Henri Salvador’s “J’ai vu”), and a refreshing duet with Urugayan singer/guitarist and Academy Award Winning composer for the Motorcycle Diaries, Jorge Drexler (on the latter’s composition “Don de Fluir”).

Aug 23, 05 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ABBA...yes, i do miss the 1970s

Aug 24, 05 10:50 am  · 
 · 
JordantHarris

Cursed - Two
BTBAM - ALASKA
Hem - eveningland
Mi Amore - The Lamb
Cave In - Perfect Pitch Black

Those are the main albums in my rotation this week.

On a related note, I need to get an ipod.

Aug 24, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
geezopeez

like lateral, i, too, am listening to cardiff by riksgransen!

and aphex twin "fingerbib" is such a calming song.

Aug 24, 05 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

dump's "that skinny m_f_ with the high voice?" (james mcnew of yo la tengo covers prince songs)

Aug 24, 05 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

steven, that sounds like a good listen.

i just bought bjork's soundtrack to drawing restraint 9.

already being asked "what is that?

Aug 24, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
curt clay

if you all joined the archinect group on last.fm we could actually track what everyone is listening to and it creates weekly artist / track charts...

we only need 8-9 more members!!

http://www.last.fm/group/Archinect

Aug 24, 05 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

My wife's got her Brazilian soap opera on now, so I'm listinening to some Brazilian chick: Seu loco por ti America.... Ugggh., that damn tune is once again stuck in my dome.

Adriana says 'hi' to Archinect.

Aug 24, 05 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

i took my mini in cause the battery crapped out on me and the replaced the whole darn thing!

i've been downloading 80's old school recently.

ever since ACFAnts (?) said something about cadding to queen i sing every time it comes on the radio.

Aug 24, 05 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
e

i roy >> don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

Aug 24, 05 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
portland

that new kanye is good... really good production. (it's not out, but it can be "found")

also been listening to some arsis (really good metal) and the last mirah album and the new hanne hukkelberg.

Aug 24, 05 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

that was me ^^ I'm on my wife's computer...

Aug 24, 05 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

'kiko and the lavender moon'
by los lobos.

Mar 15, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

kcrw - morning becomes eclectic (morning)
kcrw - metropolis (night)

online playlist a big plus.... direct link to amazon.com dangerous

Mar 15, 06 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
Sean!

Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene, this is one of my all time favorite bands their first album You Forgot It in People, is a must and their new self titled is amazing as well.

The Notwist - Neon Golden

Bright Eyes
I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, Digital Ash in a Digital Urn.
these are both amazing

Enjoy!

Mar 15, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
evilhomer

today i've been really into the new flaming lips and the new coldcut lp (the lips show sold out in about 4 minutes here, coldcut is playing two days before my final crits this term, but coming back again a month later)

something for the more *ahem* oldschool inclined that i was just introduced to today:

www.wolfgangsvault.com has a streaming radio show of bill graham promoted events (i think that's the correlation between them - it's all summer of love SF style stuff - all live)

in the past hour i've heard tunes from the allman brothers, jimi hendrix, roland kirk, love and the jefferson airplane that I'd never heard before (all of the tunes were new to me, but that they had jimi cuts i didn't know really blew me away)

Mar 15, 06 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

The Dandy Warhols, Sunday People, The Music, The Magic Numbers, Damien Rice, Sunday People, Gojira, M83

Mar 16, 06 1:43 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

thin lizzy - best of

Mar 16, 06 4:31 am  · 
 · 

the new remix album of beck's guero: gueralito

it's hard to listen to at work, though. not background music > pushes itself to the foreground, especially when you're trying to listen to someone on the phone.

that's a good thing.

Mar 16, 06 7:40 am  · 
 · 

actually in my car it's been ny-style roots week. mostly jesse malin and pete yorn.

Mar 16, 06 8:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: