Archinect
anchor

LEED Green Building Rating System in China

chinaLEED

As the first individual from China who passes the LEED Accredited Professional Exam version 2.1 I would like to introduce more about the developments in green building industry in China here. As the director of National Construction Department, Mr. Qiu, had said in the just past USGBC green expo, China is facing the energy crisis and more and more buildings, including new construction and existing complex, will be required to meet a certain energy saving standard. And now China is approching to open the market of green building certification for the world. I am leading one of the hottest forum about green building in China named TopEnergy.Org. If you are interested in how to start your strategies in China, just contact me at [email protected] for any help. I am also considering to deliver a new attractive program in China to train up more engineers to be familiar with LEED without any charge. I believe this program will set up a human resource foundation for the LEED consulting firms in U.S. who do not want to miss the large market in China.

Dec 6, 04 10:01 am
sewage

Where are you based?

Dec 6, 04 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
chinaLEED

I am based in Shanghai. I got LEED accredited in San Francisco when I had a business trip to U.S. to visit some green building projects in California. In my point of view a LEED consulting firm from U.S. should consider to set up their branchs or local technical team in China to utilize the advantages of China's low labor cost and large amount of engineers. So their headquarters in U.S. can communicate with USGBC with ease while the Chinese team can provide technical support and develop the local market in China. I had experiences in property development in China and I believe I am pleased to help you to consider your strategies.

Dec 6, 04 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
chinaLEED

Because of the differences of regulations in real estate and construction industries between China and United States it is very important for consulting firms to study and understand the local market for business development. The way to get official approvals and/or permits for design and construction in China is actually complicated. Planning Bureau and Construction Commission are two key departments in China. Planning Bureau is responsible for design approval and the Construcition Commission is in charge of construction permits.

Dec 7, 04 1:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: