Archinect
anchor

idp, does overtime count?

mmm3

catching back up on mt paper work. 8 hours for a credit. can you include overtime? can't clearly find/am too lazy to find an anwser on ncarb.org.

Dec 3, 04 5:43 pm
Ms Beary

I don't see why not. I looked on NCARB just now. I couldn't find anything either. Hours are hours.

Dec 3, 04 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

hell yeah, at least i have.
i dont see why wou wouldn't be able to count overtime.

Dec 3, 04 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

basically if it was on my timesheet i counted it. of course some places only allow you to log on a time sheet a standard work week if you're salary (40 hours even if you worked 60). if you're hourly, then you'd log all of your time.

i agree with stephanie, HELL YEAH! LOG THAT SUMBEECH!

Dec 3, 04 7:24 pm  · 
 · 

No question. You did the time.

Dec 3, 04 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

while we are on the subject...how fast did anyone get through idp without fudging?

Dec 3, 04 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

I found that it was still about three years, what used to be the required period before IDP reporting.

Dec 3, 04 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

hours are hours

Dec 3, 04 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

yes

Dec 3, 04 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
LFLH

Overtime counts, but you also have to report your average number of hours per week so just make sure that these numbers jive.
Some states still require a minimum of 3 years - regardless of numbers of hours or IDP units earned sooner than that - before being eligible to sit for the exams. In this case the extra hours may not help you. Check with your state's board for their specific rules.

Dec 3, 04 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I could have gotten thru earlier with a tad of overtime and doing the supplementary education handbook. a few months anyway. but it doesn't matter cause NCARB slows me down. It took me over a year to just establish my record. Not kidding. I finally wrote them a "firm" (read: somewhat nasty) e-mail stating that I wanted them to establish my record and they did it the next day. They sure cashed my check right away you can be sure. now it will still be 3 1/2 to 4 years to start to sit for the exams just because of the bureacracy.

Dec 4, 04 10:25 am  · 
 · 
LFLH

You do have to stay on top of NCARB.
They have a "timeline" on their website that you can download. It shows their estimate for how long each step of the process will take. I always waited until they were a couple of days beyond their stated timeframe for whatever stage my record was at and then I emailed or phoned them. Usually they would reply that I was right that they should have processed my forms (or released my record to the state, or whatever...) and that they didn't know why they hadn't done it yet, and then they did it within the next few days.
I think this may be how they operate with everyone - in other words they don't do anything until you push them.

But, even if they did everything within their own stated timeframes it's still a many-month process to get to the point of releasing your record to the state, and then in most states you still have to wait for your state to approve you, which generally takes another month or two. Then you can start the process of testing and waiting for the results (which, because they also go through NCARB, take 2 to 8 weeks per test on average.)
Happy Waiting.

Dec 4, 04 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: