Archinect
anchor

O mr. Architecture. How do you inspire me... not?

ArchNyen

I know the architecture profession can be crappy, gloomy, and depressing most of the time. But what is it that makes you want to stay in the field and keep on fighting...?

image from Zumthor, Atmospheres.

Sep 1, 14 10:59 am
citizen

I spent 3 hours with a roll of trace at the coffee house yesterday, noodling over different plan arrangements for a major addition/renovation.  (It helps that the existing house has great bones to work from.)  

That is, literally, one of my very favorite things to do in life... since I was about 8 years old.  That there's a job/profession attached to it is a nice coincidence.

Sep 1, 14 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
chosunone

The young spirit of students makes me fight harder.

Sep 1, 14 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Quan Nyen Tran, I am retired and out of the field with no fight left but there is obviously something about architecture that keeps me interested and wanting to help others keep it alive.

I found that the “crappy, gloomy, and depressing” came from the people not the architecture and getting off by yourself with the architecture is a good strategy.

Sep 3, 14 10:51 am  · 
 · 
subgenius

the ladies

Sep 3, 14 11:26 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!

Can "getting off by yourself with the architecture" be the new archinect tag line?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!

just think of the magnificent dick jokes. . . all just waiting to be born

like quanta lost through congruence in rain

May 18, 15 5:13 am  · 
 · 
+++boy in a well. Can't stop laughing!
May 18, 15 7:14 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

on the bus. will have to get off on architecture in the office.

May 18, 15 7:30 am  · 
 · 
toosaturated

Can we ban this spammer Jojo Dorina? No one cares about your crappy design services. 

May 18, 15 10:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: