Archinect
anchor

professional practice--Gensler or NBBJ

cbridge

Hey guys,

I am currently interning for NBBJ and might get a position in their LA office. While I have also applied to other places including Gensler-Chicago. I'm not sure which one to choose as I do very much like Gensler's recent architecture works in foreign countries? But I heard that Gensler-Chicago is mainly just doing interior design instead of architecture. Is that so?! Anyone have advice concerning the office's project condition, work environment, people and salary? Moreover, I like Gensler's projects in China, but not ready to go to the country now, but I heard that they usually send people out to China for their projects. Any suggestions helps. Thx

Apr 10, 11 4:55 pm
LITS4FormZ

You and a few hundred other people applied to intern with Gensler-Chicago...I'd take a wait and see approach at this point

Apr 10, 11 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
job job

I was going to joke that you should take the time machine and work in the '90s NBBJ when Peter Pran was there. Then I googled him and lo and fuck-me he's back again.
Is Yazdani working at Dworsky, and are Thom Mayne and Rotondi back together?
Is Progressive Architecture back in publication?

Apr 10, 11 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Gensler is hiring a lot in some of their office. but if you have a job right now with NBBJ, I'd stay there until you know for sure Gensler is a done deal.

Apr 11, 11 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: