Archinect
anchor

Gensler Internship

Hey, I recently applied to one of the official Gensler Internships and the applications were due March 18th. (NY office) I had a few connections so I think I have chance.

I put my app in in early March but its been 2 weeks since they were actually due. I was wondering if anyone knew how long the decisions took/when I should expect them to contact me either way?

Thanks!

Apr 1, 11 6:08 pm
Puppetmaster

You should probably be aware that if you don't hear back from them, then chances are your application did not make the cut.

Very few offices - particularly of the size of a Gensler and with the number of applications they normally receive even in good times - ever go out of their way to inform rejected candidates that their applications were not successful.

The standing policy for most offices is "We'll contact you only if we're interested in talking more from you. Otherwise unsuccessful candidates should not expect to hear back from us."

2 weeks is probably around the margin for when you should expect that it wasn't successful, but given the fact that they are a big office and that they probably have to go through a lot of applications, there may be hope yet. I'd say, give it another week or 2 before moving on.

P.S. - These days even having connections or "knowing someone on the inside" is not the same sort of advantage it used to be. Chances are, you're only one of a whole handful who have connections to the inside, and who are hoping those connections will pan out.
Something will eventually have to give.

Apr 2, 11 5:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: