Archinect
anchor

Need help with wood ceiling.

leetecture

looking for a manufacturer for 'open linear wood ceiling and wall system. and this is low budgeted project, i can't affort the one with $30 per sf. such as 'rulon company'.

Apr 1, 11 12:29 pm
el jeffe

why do you need a manufacturer for a ceiling like that, especially on a low-budget project?

Apr 1, 11 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

planx by ceilings plus.

Apr 1, 11 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
leetecture

@ el jeffe
I know.
that is why i am asking for help.

Apr 1, 11 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
binary

t bar and cut ply

Apr 1, 11 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Gross town.

This is one thing I really wish architects would stop spec'ing.

Two things that happen:

1. The people who clean them will eventually get so fed up with dust and Pledge felling into their eyes... they'll be covered with acrylic floor wax. This means they'll lose any specialty finish on them (flat, satin) and any acoustic benefit on them is lost for good.

2. Anything other than a teak, walnut or whitewash finish looks absolutely retarded. What's even worse... it looks cheap for something that is actually not cheap.

And that brings me to my last post, the cheaper versions of this system are MORE EXPENSIVE than the most expensive wood floors you can buy.

And we're talking about handscraped by some Amish dude wide-plank rainforest-destorying heartwood.

Apr 1, 11 6:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: