Archinect
anchor

what do employers look for in an undergrad portfolio?

Zahu55

I have an interview coming up for a 6 month internship opportunity and this firm understands i'm still undergrad with a few years left to graduate. So the question is do I need a portfolio that goes into depth with each project I am choosing to show? (meaning include enough information that the project is completely understood through text and images) or simply a portfolio that demonstrates my skills as a student? (something with minimal explanation of the project using images, no text, just to show that I can render 3d models, build models and use autocad)

the job would be to be working in the model workshop, building models, using sketchup. if that that helps

thanks for the advice!

Mar 30, 11 11:19 am
Rusty!

Just try to put your best foot forward. (the left one)

-show them you have the types of skills they are mostly likely going to utilize you for.
-show them that your projects are thoughtful. That you understand the process of design.

You want to walk out of that interview and leave them with an impression that you are a type who quickly picks up on concepts of whats going on and are capable of contributing without too much babysitting.

All the best!

Mar 30, 11 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: