Archinect
anchor

IDP Credit as Adjunct Faculty?

chingale

Hi all,

I was recently hired as adjunct faculty to teach design studio at an U.S. architecture school. The contract is part-time or 49%.

Anyone have any luck getting IDP credit for part-time teaching experience as opposed to full-time?

Can I submit under "Work Setting B"?

I've emailed NCARB but haven't gotten a response.

The head of the department is a registered architect and I'm co-teaching the design studios with a prominent registered architect.

Thanks everyone,

chingale

Mar 16, 11 4:23 pm

you're out of luck. You're not full time (75% or more) so the hours don't qualify:

Work Setting F
Maximum Training Hours Allowed: 1,960 training hours in training category D

You are doing full-time teaching or research in a NAAB-accredited or CACB-accredited professional degree program.

Even if you tried using the time in another 'work catagory' IDP is pretty clear on the minimum hours/week and number of weeks you need to work before you can get credit which both work against you.

enjoy teaching and don't worry about IDP!
Mar 17, 11 11:03 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Great question and response. Very informative.

Mar 17, 11 11:34 am  · 
 · 
chingale

Thanks for the responses.
The contract is for 6 months but technically yes, at .49%, I would be just shy of the 20 hour per week limit on paper. The experience has been an amazing mentoring and learning opportunity!

Mar 17, 11 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: