Archinect
anchor

DENIED! Didn't get the job...

l0sts0ul

Thank you Mr. X for your interest in Acme Architecture. The Architectural position in our Mars office has been filled. However, we will keep your resume and information in our database for future reference. Again, thank you for your interest and we wish you the best of luck in your search.

I'm depressed. Was so excited about working there. Had 2 interviews... everything went so well... and denied!

Back to work at minimum wage architecture firm...

FUCK!

Mar 9, 11 3:03 pm
Ms Beary

Did you forget to list your professors in your portfolio?

Mar 9, 11 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

That's kinda what it feels like to be an owner of a firm these days ... chasing lots of projects (along with tons of other hungry firms) getting short listed on a few, think the interview goes well and we're an excellent fit for both the client and the project .... then get notified that another firm has been awarded the job.

I feel your pain, my man - I feel your pain.

Keep plugging away ... something will land soon.

Mar 9, 11 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
tempdrive

Maybe they saw the design for your parents house...

Mar 9, 11 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

"Back to work at minimum wage architecture firm."

I don't know if you are going to get a lot of sympathy around here for not getting a BETTER job when you already have A job. Just saying.

Mar 9, 11 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

tempdrive, that was uncalled for and nasty. Not cool.

I agree quizzical - in fact I'm waiting as we speak for some bid results that I'm involved in - and I'm hopeful, but prepared to be disappointed.

Better luck with the next one, cadmonkey. Keep trying to learn whatever of value you can from your current job.

Mar 9, 11 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

You were selected out of numerous candidates for the interview process based on your qualifications and experience.

While your qualifications were excellent, unfortunately we have selected another candidate for the position at this time. We will keep your information on file for future reference when we require additional staff.

ps. We just didnt like you

he he just kidding i added the ps.

Mar 9, 11 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
tempdrive

sorry, maybe that was a dick thing to say BUT there is clearly something not lining up in the OP's two posts. If someone is a strong candidate for ANY firm, I'd find it hard to believe that they would produce such a floorplan which disregards just about everything we are all taught in school, especially after the advice given about the courtyard scheme. If the OP is truly a stong candidate, to me, it fuels the fire of the other post being a joke in an attempt to get a rise from people on this site.

Mar 9, 11 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
l0sts0ul

Maybe what I presented is not something i should be posting in my previous thread... but a rough schematic translation of whats floating in my head... maybe hand sketches should have been well fitted. I never said what I posted was logical or made sense, but a rough schematic of a mess put together due to the difficulties of that site. Let it go. I am good at what I do, im not calling myself the next FLW. I strongly believe that, otherwise I wouldn't be working where I am working at. What I present is something im not proud of, but trying to somewhat get inspired to pushing forward and getting it done.

Mar 9, 11 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

At first I thought this was a post about rejection letters, so i thought id add one when I saw that it was someone who was depressed it was too late, i had posted mine, so sorry to the opening poster hope everything works out.

Mar 9, 11 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
newguy

I just got one of these letters in the mail after recently interviewing. It sucks, because I really need work.

I guess I shouldn't have farted so loud during the interview.

Mar 9, 11 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i had the same thing happen about 6 months back...I still thanked the company and checked in now and then...I now have a great job with them (after 10 months of interviewing)

keep your chin up....

Mar 10, 11 12:26 am  · 
 · 
damirarch

Consider yourself lucky to have had an interview. Its been almost a year for me now and I only had 2 interviews. After the last one the firm didn't even have the decency to contact me to tell me that they filled the position. I found out about it from a friend. I am beginning to think about to leave the profession after 12 years of experience and a Masters degree. To say that I am frustrated would be an understatement.

Mar 10, 11 1:09 am  · 
 · 
lanah

Keep trying,

But are you kidding about making minimum wage? I hope so.

Mar 22, 11 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

I've had numerous side jobs thrown my way. After 6 months, I'm still waiting on that first interview, however. I can tell you one thing, replying to job ads is close to pointless. Your best bet after you exhaust your network is just to start cold-emailing your resume to unsuspecting small to mid-size firms... if you don't have any "big names" on your resume, anyway.

I hear ya, damirarch. I'm right at that age too where I could go either way.

Mar 22, 11 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
Whitehouse

I also know this problem. I often have the feeling that's it's nearly impossible to find a relatively good job. You are lucky that you even had interviews, 'cause I can't even go to them... :(

Mar 24, 11 5:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: