Archinect
anchor

Internship Offer Accepted, then no email back

jfdes

Hey all,

Need some advice on this one. Recently got an internship offer after sending out my portfolio and resume. After a few emails regarding more information of that was expected of me, I accepted.

However, a week or so have pasted and I have no received an email back since emailing to accept the offer. Should I call to find out that the current situation is? Or email again?

Feb 25, 11 7:22 pm
mdler

call...tell them that you want to follow up about your intership

i know that there is always a little hesitation about thinking that you are pestering the hiring manager/hr person/etc, but these people are people and understand

Feb 25, 11 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
elinor

...and sometimes it just takes time for them to get around to it...a LOT of time. take the maximum time you think is reasonable, then double it, and that, unfortunately, is how long it sometimes takes.

but yes, call or email.

Feb 25, 11 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Interns are often very low on the priority list, that's just the way it is. People who usually do the hiring also wear many other hats so don't be worried. They offered you the job so they must like you, no need to worry.

Feb 26, 11 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

A call after a week is perfectly reasonable. Wait too long and they'll think you're not really that interested.

Feb 26, 11 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
jfdes

Thanks for the replies guys. Hugely appreciated!
Will give them a call on Monday if they still have not responded to the email.

Feb 26, 11 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
mgk2928

same boat here. except mine was in regard to a full time position.go figure.

Feb 27, 11 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
jfdes

Done. Admin that I was emailing took leave.

Feb 27, 11 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

i had an interview last week, same deal a few of them took vacation right after the interview. What does that say about the office? it tells me that they are quite secure in their job to the point that they can take a vacation, or it could mean they are gettting the heck out of dodge. who knows.

Feb 28, 11 12:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: