Archinect
anchor

client database

herrarchitekt

Greetings fellow 'nects!

Information retrieval question here. I'm looking for a database/list for real estate developers & landlords for private property - commercial, industrial, & residential. I've started the traditional google search engine, but am hoping for a more centralized source of such lists (if they exist beyond general search engine).

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Best,
wakeNbuild

Feb 15, 11 6:01 pm
Rusty!
"landlords for private property"

You mean property owners? All of them? For the whole country?

The fact that your're already calling them 'clients' kind of scares me.

Feb 15, 11 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
herrarchitekt

Local, 'potential' clients.

Feb 15, 11 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Are you in Arizona? Quick google search revealed a long list of local developers.

Feb 15, 11 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
herrarchitekt

I am in AZ and as I mentioned, the purpose of this post is finding a more centralized database source than google if that exists...

Feb 15, 11 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

If there is one, you'd have to pay for it. There's several companies out there that compile information specifically suited to a variety of needs. Given the competitive nature of real estate and general contractors, I'm sure similar data would be appropriate for architects.

Typically, though, these kinds of programs can cost a ton of money. Generally there's a return rate of 1-4 out of a 100. Similar to a return on targeted mailers.

And those 100 leads cost anywhere from $20 to $400. So, you're really paying anywhere from $20 to $400 to talk to one potential client. With architecture, however, the cost per project is significant enough to offset the marketing cost.

But as far as actual lists go? That's every firm's fantasy.

Feb 16, 11 12:34 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

I think your best bet is to hire an intern for a month or two and pay them a few hundred dollars to compile a list. From that last you could send out marketing material once or twice a year to remind these people that you exist.

Feb 16, 11 12:35 am  · 
 · 
herrarchitekt

Per your 2nd post glitter, I think that is the most practical way. Thanks!

Feb 16, 11 10:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: