Archinect
anchor

new media + art + architecture

momik

Looking into young artist/architect projects in New York, that successfully blend computation in their practice. thus blur the boundaries between art and architecture and new media...any suggestions?

Nov 17, 04 5:21 pm
rayray

check the scanner performance at eyebeam.org - think it's under
events / 52 spaces - not exactly what you're looking for, but let's
get this thread moving

if your close by go check it out

Nov 17, 04 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
momik

buy your ticket on-line !

Nov 17, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
momik

i checked out all the participating people at idca for instance (ambient) to get cues. it is very hard to find good projects, thus my cry for assistance.

Nov 17, 04 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

natalie jerimenjenko is pretty interesting...can't remember the links to her work but if you google - they should come up

Nov 17, 04 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

what do u guys think of vito acconci?

Nov 17, 04 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

he's a nice guy.

Also check out Share
or whatever it's called. I had some friends that performed there. Looking forward to checking it out when I get to NYC.

Nov 17, 04 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
momik

share is wireless dj culture. what makes you think it is new media intersecting architecture? jerimenjenko has robots + activism, again not architecture
acconci is cool. but too old. where is the new gen- post winka dubbeldam for instance? any clues?

Nov 17, 04 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

look- you're asking for handouts, so handouts are what you'll get

Nov 18, 04 1:46 am  · 
 · 
rayray

are you looking for thngs like servo or so-ad ? what you mainly want are new practices similar to the old diller-scofidio?

Nov 18, 04 8:03 am  · 
 · 
momik

yes. but thinking in the lines of how computation creates innovation in the practice. like what ambient conference tried to cover a bit in aspen/idca,

Nov 18, 04 11:38 am  · 
 · 
spaghetti

look at the 80s video art... its not necessarily a strict relationship between architecture and art, but more of spatial perception vs social/personal reflections... also, this was the very experimental stages... more of a relation between cinema and video rather than space and video, but still the dialogues are very curious and formed my interest for architecture when i was a freshman in college

Nov 18, 04 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
dolemite

check out Assymptote (sp? but its the math thingy)
Scoffidio and Diller
Winka Dubbledam

Nov 19, 04 8:53 am  · 
 · 
momik

so no young talents? just the established studios by architects? there must be so many talented younger generation of artists/ architects who tackle computation out there...

Nov 19, 04 9:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: