Archinect
anchor

peter marino

SeriousQuestion

who is this person who calls himself "architect"? why does he have such a high profile in the fashion and design world?

http://www.petermarinoarchitect.com/

he's just channeling a tired tom of finland look.

Feb 11, 11 2:50 am
St. George's Fields

Shh, architects are about 8 years behind the "trend" curve.

Feb 11, 11 3:06 am  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

It always helps if your last name is the same as one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks named Dan Marino.

Feb 11, 11 7:31 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

wow... that is hilarious, and completely sends the wrong message

Feb 11, 11 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
file

From "60 Minutes" yesterday ...

Steve Kroft: "Do you still know calculus and trig and all of that stuff?"

Peter Marino: "Had to. Had to get my license, and you gotta keep your license up-to-date. You have to take 18 credits a year. That's the hardest part. You gotta keep taking courses. Dude, they don't let you forget it. Yeah."

Ok -- quick show of hands -- since licensure, how many here have EVER taken a continuing ed 'refresher' course involving calculus or trig?

Aug 7, 17 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I just take the tests, don't read the text, pretty easy to get 80% without thinking too hard for CEU's

Aug 8, 17 8:19 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

He is supposed to be a Fellow of the AIA.

Aug 7, 17 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

And there was a Peter Marino invested in 2006.

Aug 7, 17 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Hard to believe Marino is taking 18 calculus and trig credits a year to keep his license. The journalist should have asked him a test question...

Aug 7, 17 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I never realized he was actually an architect, always thought interior designer for some reason. Firm does great work

Aug 8, 17 8:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: