Archinect
anchor

Is publizing portfolio online useful to get a job??

luckymini

Is publizing portfolio online useful to get a job?? I mean the website like Issue or architizer?
any suggestion?
Thanks

Feb 7, 11 8:47 pm
MountainBoy

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a print portfolio and am currently working on a website thinking it would be easier for applications overseas. Still, I've been finding that some firms have explicit dimensions of portfolio submissions. Its like applying to grad school all over again....

Feb 7, 11 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
tuna

...only if its good

Feb 7, 11 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
missingLegos

Clients search online to find architects. But I've never heard of architects looking online to fine employees. Doesn't mean it can't happen but I wouldn't rely on it.

Feb 9, 11 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
wrought.n

Just heard a piece on NPR about employment and heard that 80% of all new employment positions are not posted on a website. Therefore, I wouldn't bet that posting a resume or portfolio on a website will get you anywhere. And I definitely wouldn't bet on a firm actively going through resume files that are kept at a place like the AIA.

With that said, I would definitely post a portfolio to Issuu, since that is different than architizer and is more of a resource to show your work than to market yourself to potential employers.

Feb 9, 11 9:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: