Archinect
anchor

Quickbooks for Sole Practicioners

missingLegos

I'm trying to decide between QB Pro or Premiere. What are the sole practitioners on here using?

Feb 5, 11 7:54 pm
cowgill

I'm working for a small RE Dev firm and we're using Quickbooks Pro and it does all we need for 8 development entities. I would imagine it would easily accommodate all your needs for a sole practice.

For what it's worth ...I've never heard of Premiere.

Feb 8, 11 11:46 am  · 
 · 
dia

Also, have a look at Xero and not just because it is a New Zealand business... I will start using soon.

Feb 8, 11 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

I agree with cowgill.

Also, for sake of clarification, Premier lets you do a few things Pro doesn't let you do...

It has 'industry specific' reports and it lets you track accounts by more types-- really, it lets you split your bookkeeping into smaller "businesses." If your firm is half architecture and half landscape architecture, you could measure profitability and expenses on those specific categories. You could do this in pro by adding in an extra field and renaming it... but that's a custom-type thing that might make a lot of people confused.

However, most of that work tends to be bundles up by client which makes managing them through the customer tab easier.

Premier is also the name for another software package called "AccountEdge." It's an Austrailian version of Quickbooks that's been gaining popularity. It has less integration and internet features. However, it is a lot more customizable when it comes to account management.

It's also prettier!

Feb 8, 11 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
missingLegos

Thanks to everyone's comments and clarifications. Premiere is probably beyond my current needs.

Xero looks very nice, and I'm starting a trial to check it out!

Feb 8, 11 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
ih1542006

Quick Books is geared up for having actually inventory and many employees.

Quicken is fine for a sole practioner who just needs to simple bookkeeping

Feb 9, 11 9:48 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Quickbooks works very well for us

Feb 9, 11 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: