Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Critique - Bachelor Arch 2010

Bonesaw

Alright guys first time poster here, hoping to get some feedback on my architecture portfolio. This is a collection of my undergrad work that I am sending to potential employers for internships or entry level positions. I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks

http://issuu.com/andrewbonesz/docs/portfolio

Feb 3, 11 5:28 pm
wrought.n

Your portfolio looks pretty good. However, it seems to be lacking something that would put it in that top echelon. I personally think some of the graphics and presentation of images is a bit awkward and could use some refining, e.g. - the gradient along the right side of the 'manufactured home' rendering. Things like that are always distracting for me.

I also think you need to present more information about most of the projects. When presenting work to an office, it is important to include different aspects or work for a project which will show all of your abilities. I don't understand the relevance of the single image for the 'writer's studio'. You should elaborate and make it more obvious how this project contributes to your abilities as a an architect and more importantly, an employee at a firm.

I don't see any contact information included in the portfolio, that is a MUST.

Good luck

Feb 4, 11 11:05 am  · 
 · 
Bonesaw

Thanks for the advice - I am not sure why the gradient applied like that, but I will find a way to fix it as well as some other places with similar technical problems.

As for the lack of some information, my intent was to present several of my best projects in depth, but then just show my favorite bits and pieces of the other ones. The writer's studio was just a nice large model that I made in my second year. Maybe my writing is not conveying why it is there?

The contact info I will definitely include, not sure how I missed that one.

What does everyone else think? It would be great if I could get a few impressions, even if just a few words :)

Feb 8, 11 1:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: