Archinect
anchor

Another Portfolio Critique

Although its not finished, the deadlines are looming and I'm eager to get some feedback. Be as brutally honest as you need.

http://issuu.com/aag2022/docs/portfolio_11302010

I've got a liberal arts degree in architecture, though a lot of the portfolios on this website are intimidatingly good.

THanks everyone! and good luck!

Nov 30, 10 11:16 pm
ishaan kumar

i just finished posting up my portfolio not too long ago, and i must say there are a few things i really liked. there seems to be a really sensitivity to the amount of white space on every page and it really works for me. if you dont mind me asking, where are you apply to grad school?

Dec 1, 10 12:27 am  · 
 · 
ishaan kumar

ill leave you one comment, which is starting to really annoy me about my portfolio as ive been told it a couple of times, its that although you have good quality images, and its clear that you have thought about the layout, i know a lot of people look for the process and not so much the final project. i may be wrong, but just a suggestion.

Dec 1, 10 12:44 am  · 
 · 
aag2022

Yes, i think that you are right about that. Although speaking with a few professors on the matter it seams more important to be able to convey your concept rather than your process... even if the two are very muh aligned. I think i have some work to do on that end.

I'm applying everywhere! columbia, mit, berkeley, upenn, parsons, pratt, umich, washu, ohio state, u oregon, ucla, sciarc. My bf is applying ot grad school also this year so we are trying to increase the likelihood of getting into someplace together.

Dec 1, 10 11:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: