Archinect
anchor

Solid Surface Fabrication

architectonik

Hey all...

Where can I find information on solid surface fabrication? any good books? references? companies?

I know / understand how to 3D model solid surface components, but how do you go beyond the computer? what's the next step?

Nov 21, 10 12:55 pm
binary

buy a bridgeport or cnc

Nov 21, 10 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

corian or ceasarstone for sure

Nov 22, 10 2:49 am  · 
 · 
sgnt13

talk to your local rep for the material, they should be able to refer you to a reputable shop. our lg hi-macs rep was just in and had tons of good information.

Nov 23, 10 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

What material are you looking to fabricate in and how large is the component or piece you want to make?

Nov 24, 10 11:43 am  · 
 · 
architectonik

bRink - good questions, but i currently have no specific project in mind. Ideally I'm thinking of something at a residential and/or interior scale in concept.

I feel that my current design sensibility with the nurb and subdivision surface modeling in the computer is driven by spatial conditioning and imagination.

I would like to find more information on how solid surfaces can be constructed so then materiality and constructibility can influence the initial design.

....any info on this fabrication process post digital modeling would be awesome

Nov 24, 10 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
SaltyOrange

Evans and Paul out of NYC

Nov 25, 10 1:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: